Tbolt peeps, what tablet should I buy today?

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Get the Tab 10.1

Great battery life, crazy light and thin and awesome build quality. Not to mention a better quality LCD display than all the other honeycomb tablets out there. It's exactly what you want in a tablet computer. If you need sd card support, usb, hdmi all built in then you need a laptop/netbook and not a tablet.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to use many of the others, so I'm not going to tell you *why* you should get one tab over another (because who am I to say?), but I will say that I have a galaxy 10.1 wifi tab and love it.

For what I need it for, it's perfect. My co-worker, who owns an iPad 1, said it actually felt a little better in the hand than his iPad, but was very comparable in weight and size.

spas2k

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
hate to say it but, the ipad2. IOS, as lame as it is, is still fast and smooth and the app selection is night and day better than the offerings for android tablets right now. Stream that LTE to the ipad and you are good to go.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
hate to say it but, the ipad2. IOS, as lame as it is, is still fast and smooth and the app selection is night and day better than the offerings for android tablets right now. Stream that LTE to the ipad and you are good to go.

I'd venture to say that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 can compete with the "fast and smoothness" factor (I said "compete", not "beat")...but the app selection is gonna take some time. It is growing though, and most apps designed for the phone-sized devices do work.

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
i just picked up a transformer and aboslutely love it. HC 3.2 is pretty slick and I am very happy with the tablet in general. It has a great screen (IPS) and you can swap in microSD cards fro additional storage. Nice and quick and so fa, awesome.

I was lookling at the Thrive but it felt too big in the hand. The Acer felt nice but the screen wasn't quite as nice and with the Asus next to these guys in Best Buy, it was an easy decision once I picked it up.

joeym2

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got rid of my iPad2 for my LTE Tab 10.1 and I'll never look back. The only thing I'm missing I have on my Thunderbolt. I miss Netflix (only works on the Wi-Fi Tab for now) and Skype. Other than that. The web browser is amazing and all the apps I need are availlable in market. Its the thinnest lightest 10 inch tablet available and it looks amazing. I don't really need SD card support. The adapter is available but I email files from thunderbolt to it or bluetooth them. I will be getting the HDMI adapter though

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I love my Asus Transformer and dock. The whole package, cheaper than most tablets

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have the Transformer with the keyboard dock and really enjoying it, the battery life with the keyboard is amazing. When we go away for the weekend I don't even need to bother packing the charger. The galaxy 10.1 looks to be another great device which I'm sure who ever has purchased one is very satisfied. You would be very happy with either one.

bigsyd

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had a WiFi Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 since my birthday (July 4th) and I use the Mobile Hot Spot on my "Bolt" to give me 4G speeds wherever! I love it!

SoldierofCatan

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Its not a traditional tablet but I'm loving the hell out of my Nook Color. I've wiped the stock OS and installed CM7 (gingerbread).

Why does it make for such a great tablet?
  • Its only $250. You could buy multiple Nooks for the price of a xoom
  • Its basically unbrickable
  • The screen is incredible (since its supposed to be a reader)
  • 7 inch form factor makes for great portibility
  • I get about 10 hours of battery life (constant use)
  • Its crazy fast if you use one of the nightly builds
  • I've overclocked it to 1200mhz
  • I could go on

Check out my screenshots

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I went out and bought a Transformer today due to these reviews. So far, I love it. Gotta play with it some more, but the pre-installed "bloat" is what made me choose this tablet. MyCloud saves me $30 on logmein ignition and from the guys at best buy, they said it works better, than what I'm probably used to on my thunderbolt.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't decided my first two choices are the samsung 10.1 and the transformer but the toshiba has caught my eye. I havent played with it yet but will decide after I can compare the three side by side Sorry rim but Playbook is to small and Rim has lost alot of market share on phones.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have both, the ipad2 and the sammy 10.1. Im honestly thinking about returning the sammy. Its just not has smooth and polished as the ipad is. When I open an application on the ipad you know its going to open and function right without force close. Dont get me wrong the tablet is a stellar device but for my needs the ipad2, just works! I still have about 10 days to play with the sammy, so we will see.

pennywise

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the 64 gb iPad 1 and the transformer. I like the app store and itunes but hate how there is no flash for website's. The transformer doesn't have netflix, hbo go and I can't hook it up to my MAC. If I take both with me I am set.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the 64 gb iPad 1 and the transformer. I like the app store and itunes but hate how there is no flash for website's. The transformer doesn't have netflix, hbo go and I can't hook it up to my MAC. If I take both with me I am set.

you can side load the phone version to your tablet and it works fine. aspect ratio is a tiny bit off but nothing noticable. I side loaded the .apk from xda's site and using astro file manager on my GT 10.1, its been working perfectly for 2 weeks now. this should work on the transformer as well, give it a shot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1177986

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
you can side load the phone version to your tablet and it works fine. aspect ratio is a tiny bit off but nothing noticable. I side loaded the .apk from xda's site and using astro file manager on my GT 10.1, its been working perfectly for 2 weeks now. this should work on the transformer as well, give it a shot.

Latest Netflix APK - xda-developers

That doesn't work... Only one ive seen work is on a rooted transformer running prime and it had a second fix applied

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Just bought the Samsung Tab 10.1 wifi and absolutely love it. Thin, light, and FAST. Plus, the Touchwiz update looks great and will not slow the device down like usual. Screen is incredible too.
:)