Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.09

Default Tbolt peeps, what tablet should I buy today?

Why?
    I'm upgrading my ipad 1 32g.

Sent from my rooted thuderbolt using Tapatalk
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Nexus Lover

ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

Default Re: Tbolt peeps, what tablet should I buy today?

Tab 10.1 or Eeepad Transformer.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I saw the transformer yesterday... Thinking about replacing my macbook with it... Why? Cause OSX Lion has rendered my macbook almost useless... plus, the battery life will be sweet
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.09

Does best buy stock it? The keyboard deal looks cool.

Is the xoom played out now?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Have a transformer, love it.
    Themer

ROM
    dasBAMF

the galaxy tab has been deemed as the best out now, so that's what I'd recommend. I think they're going to release or have released a 4g lte one if I'm not mistaken. always do your research first!

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Transformer is an awesome unit

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Droid Incredible <- DROID <- BB Storm I <- LG Voyager <- Samsung SCH-i730

I got the wi-fi Xoom with the $100 off coupon last week and love it so far. I know it does not have a great reputation but that was mainly due to the micro sd card fiasco which has been fixed and the LTE delays which does not impact the wi-fi only version.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

I just got the xoom 3g off eBay with original packaging plus car charger, case, and a pre installed screen protector for 378$ and LOVE it! I love the feel of the xoom, the build quality rocks.
    AZDROIDX likes this.
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

galaxy 10 or xzoom.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Xoom is awesome and no fear of breaking it. With the gtab you have to have special cabels and no SD card support. Transformer is OK u also have Toshiba thrive is wicked full sdcard replaceable battery swappable back cover

ROM
    Stock/Franco

Got a galaxy tab 10.1 wifi and I love it.
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7
    whiteshadow001 likes this.

I have 3 tablets, the iPad, the Transformer and the Playbook. Seems like I always end up using my iPad and the others just sit. I don't know why, but I always just gravitate to the iPad. Maybe it's because I had it first and I am just use to it.

I will say the OS on the Playbook is the best, but the screen is too small. There is also noooooo aps for playbook and you need a Blackberry phone for it to be really useful because there is no native email or calender.

I have not spent that much time with the transformer. Maybe I will play with it this week and report back later.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

I love my XOOM. I have the Motorola Bluetooth keyboard for heavy duty typing. There isn't a tablet out that I'd trade for.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.09

I need to make sure there is a pdf reader app with typing on fillable spaces and sign with finger ability for honeycomb. I use pdf expert nearly everyday. The honeycomb tabs are so much sweeter than the ipad. Plus I use google products for everything.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ROM
    CL3ANTH3ORY

I replaced my iPad 1 32gb last week with an Acer Iconia A500 and have not looked back. I was able to take advantage of the Staples 100 bucks off deal. As far as pdf editing - you could look at RepliGo, have not used it myself but it might fit the bill for you.

I'm a Thunderbolt owner since day 1. I recently bought this last week: This is a Fujitsu 10.1" screen tablet running Windows 7 Professional. Yes, Windows! Not Android nor Apple. This Fujitsu tablet is pricey, but so far it does everything I want that is most important. Windows tablets have only been out recently, it's something to consider as an alternative.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I'm loving it. It's probably the best tab out right now

Quote Originally Posted by kbonnel View Post
    Have a transformer, love it.
    Same here!

I would say Galaxy 10.1.

ROM
    Synergy

Get the Tab 10.1

Great battery life, crazy light and thin and awesome build quality. Not to mention a better quality LCD display than all the other honeycomb tablets out there. It's exactly what you want in a tablet computer. If you need sd card support, usb, hdmi all built in then you need a laptop/netbook and not a tablet.

I haven't had a chance to use many of the others, so I'm not going to tell you *why* you should get one tab over another (because who am I to say?), but I will say that I have a galaxy 10.1 wifi tab and love it.

For what I need it for, it's perfect. My co-worker, who owns an iPad 1, said it actually felt a little better in the hand than his iPad, but was very comparable in weight and size.

hate to say it but, the ipad2. IOS, as lame as it is, is still fast and smooth and the app selection is night and day better than the offerings for android tablets right now. Stream that LTE to the ipad and you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by spas2k View Post
    hate to say it but, the ipad2. IOS, as lame as it is, is still fast and smooth and the app selection is night and day better than the offerings for android tablets right now. Stream that LTE to the ipad and you are good to go.
    I'd venture to say that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 can compete with the "fast and smoothness" factor (I said "compete", not "beat")...but the app selection is gonna take some time. It is growing though, and most apps designed for the phone-sized devices do work.

ROM
    BAMF

i just picked up a transformer and aboslutely love it. HC 3.2 is pretty slick and I am very happy with the tablet in general. It has a great screen (IPS) and you can swap in microSD cards fro additional storage. Nice and quick and so fa, awesome.

I was lookling at the Thrive but it felt too big in the hand. The Acer felt nice but the screen wasn't quite as nice and with the Asus next to these guys in Best Buy, it was an easy decision once I picked it up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast