Capacitive backlights too low

afgasparo

May 12, 2011
Visit site
My thunderbolt's digitizer cracked, so I picked up a new one. While installing it, I tore the LCD ribbon cable, so I got a new LCD. It's all put together now and it's fully functional, but the LED lights are too low and they bleed through the paneling. Also, the digitizer isn't connected to the LCD with adhesive so if you push on it hard enough it'll stick, but that's not a big deal. I feel like it was reassembled perfectly, but this is what it looks like:

10wlcgm.jpg

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, well im on my 2nd thunderbolt...lost then found my first one but... anyways...yeah the backlights could be lighter and no matter what you do, every thunderbolts backlights bleed if you tilt it vertically..

afgasparo

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, well im on my 2nd thunderbolt...lost then found my first one but... anyways...yeah the backlights could be lighter and no matter what you do, every thunderbolts backlights bleed if you tilt it vertically..
That's actually what I'm trying to achieve. Right now, when you look into the bottom of the screen when you'd normally see the LEDs, they're not there. They're too low and bleed through the casing of the phone.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea.. they definitely look low. I can't even see my light through the bottom.. the only light leakage I have is if I look down from above the buttons on a crazy angle.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20