4G-No Signal-No MR2 Solution?

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone knew of a solution to the 4G/3G to no signal problem, without updating to the MR2 or rooting?
In other words, I haven't updated my TB to the most recent Verizon update, nor have I rooted my phone. The reboots have stopped (I might get one a week...for some reason, usually on Sunday), and I'm still using the Hotspot under my initial unlimited plan. So, I'm just trying to avoid updating to MR2 and/or rooting (atleast for now).

If so... could you forward me to a link?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You could try pulling your battery and sliding the SIM card out for 5-10 minutes to let the phone reset itself but if you really want to fix the phone, you should probably install the update.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Well you could try and have Verizon replace your phone but they will most likely have you install the most recent update and try a factory reset first. I never had radio problems with original or MR1 set-up so you may have a bad unit. Is having a half-working phone really worth stealing Mobile Hotspot? Guess thats what you need to ask yourself. If it is, then keep it...if not, try updating it then getting a replacement if that doesn't fix it.

Edit: You could also try the MR2 that was leaked in June, it should install since you arent on MR2 yet. I dont think you'd lose mobile hotspot but its no guarantee. It will erase your phone though when you install it so it'll be like doing a factory reset.

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the leaked mr2 and I still get the 3g/4g to no data issue so I can't really say that would help you either. Plus it will make you lose the hotspot (at least it did for me). I would also like to get this fixed as it is really making me dislike the thunderbolt right now, as it just started getting bad in the last 2 weeks.

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanx guys...

I thought that there may had been a batch or a fix available for the issue. Right now, I think that I can deal with the periodic radio drop, vs re-upping my Mobile Hotspot.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the leaked mr2 and I still get the 3g/4g to no data issue so I can't really say that would help you either. Plus it will make you lose the hotspot (at least it did for me). I would also like to get this fixed as it is really making me dislike the thunderbolt right now, as it just started getting bad in the last 2 weeks.

for the majority of people, the mr2 helped. though, there is a small group in which the mr2 did not help. If you still have problems, you can try a factory reset and if that doesn't work, call vzw for clnr. (factory reset probably won't help much, but Verizon will ask you to do it before sending a clnr)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress