No new market yet

Pennyw1se

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not positive but I think I got the new Market when my phone booted back up after a power down (forgot to plug it in to charge).

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Unless you want to pay 4 bucks to rent a movie, its nothing super exciting. Its more graphics intensive and takes longer to load stuff. I'd rather have the old basic market personally.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had to clear cache quite a few times before it finally updated. Tried like 20 times with my wife's phone and still no update.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got it today. Thought I might bypass this gem. But no.

Showed that I had three updates to download. I did two of 'em without incident. But the third was Blockbuster. Tapped on it and there was no "update" button. Only "open". and "uninstall" latest update. So I tapped on uninstall latest update. Near as I can tell it didn't do anything except remove the "uninstall" icon from my choices. Leaving only "Open". Still no "update" icon. I even changed to "auto-update", which I normally do not do. But that did not work either. So I unchecked auto-update again.

Now, it continues to show me that Blockbuster has an update. But there is no "update" button. Just Open. Whatever... I went on-line via my PC to investigate and it said the update was "not compatible with my device". May be true, but why display it on the device as an update?

I think they are still trying to get things together. I will say however that all my installed apps did show up. Unlike some other folks.

-Frank

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got it, and new downloads/updates seem to freeze up on me a lot with no way to stop the download and reattempt them without Force closing the market and searching them again. This is quite an annoying bug, but I have at least noticed it only happens in low-signal areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith