Friend Stream on Thunderbolt?

macon454

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok coming from a old flip phone a month ago so I AM GREEN to all this, But my friendstream quit a couple weeks ago, It is still on the same page as it was the day it stoped, You can still scroll down and look at all the post from that day and all, But it will not work at all, Okay here is what might have caused it but not sure, I did happen to be on my FB page on my laptop and was going thru deleting apps one night somewhere along when this happened, I DID delete the HTC sense app without thinking about what I was doing, Do you think that is why it quit? If so how do I get the HTC app back? I never installed it to start with so not even sure how I got it the first time, I had just bought my phone and was messing with it a couple days after I got it and next thing ya know FStream was working, (Unless I somehow added it and didnt know it). When I try to sync it, It says (Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly).

And another problem, When I scroll over to the FStream page I get to the first one and then if I slide the screen again I have another FS page now also and it is the same as 1st one, Can anyone tell me why I have 2 of them and how to get ride of one?

Sorry so long, But like I said I am new to all this as I am sure yall will figure out. Thanks for any help Macon

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
How is your FriendStream "not working"? Is it not updating with new posts or what? I'm not sure what you're implying there. Friendstream only shows status updates from Facebook, that's pretty much all it does, so if you can scroll down and view posts, that sounds like it's working, unless it's not syncing and updating new ones.

It is my understanding that you cannot actually "delete" HTC Sense on a stock Thunderbolt, so I'm not sure what application you killed or uninstalled to cause your initial issue. HTC Sense is the User Interface overlay that HTC Phones use. It comes installed on the phone, its what makes up the slide down graphics and the home bar you see when you unlock your phone (The little bevel at the bottom with the up arrow, Phone, and paintbrush). It's simply the graphical user interface slapped over the Android operating system. The only way to get rid of Sense is to root your Android.

I can answer your second question though, to get rid of the extra FriendStream, touch your finger to it and hold it there for about a second or two and it highlight green around the edges of the screen. Once this happens, you can just drag the Friendstream down to the bottom right where the Trash can icon is and it will remove the FriendStream from your screen (But not from your phone.)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Ok coming from a old flip phone a month ago so I AM GREEN to all this, But my friendstream quit a couple weeks ago, It is still on the same page as it was the day it stoped, You can still scroll down and look at all the post from that day and all, But it will not work at all, Okay here is what might have caused it but not sure, I did happen to be on my FB page on my laptop and was going thru deleting apps one night somewhere along when this happened, I DID delete the HTC sense app without thinking about what I was doing, Do you think that is why it quit? If so how do I get the HTC app back? I never installed it to start with so not even sure how I got it the first time, I had just bought my phone and was messing with it a couple days after I got it and next thing ya know FStream was working, (Unless I somehow added it and didnt know it). When I try to sync it, It says (Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly).

And another problem, When I scroll over to the FStream page I get to the first one and then if I slide the screen again I have another FS page now also and it is the same as 1st one, Can anyone tell me why I have 2 of them and how to get ride of one?

Sorry so long, But like I said I am new to all this as I am sure yall will figure out. Thanks for any help Macon

Yes...that's why it quit. When you initially set up Friendstream, it most likely asked you to sign into FB in order to give the app permission to access your account and download status updates.

You need to set up the trust between FB and Friendstream for it to be allowed to pull updates, and you've deleted that trust. You should be able to add it back by opening up Friendstream on your phone (not the widget on the home screen, but actually go into the app from the apps list and open it). From there you should be able to remove and re-add your FB account, and it should then prompt you to add Friendstream back into the list of allowed apps on FB.

I personally don't use Friendstream, so my info may not be completely accurate, but generally speaking that should get you up and running again.

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes...that's why it quit. When you initially set up Friendstream, it most likely asked you to sign into FB in order to give the app permission to access your account and download status updates.

You need to set up the trust between FB and Friendstream for it to be allowed to pull updates, and you've deleted that trust. You should be able to add it back by opening up Friendstream on your phone (not the widget on the home screen, but actually go into the app from the apps list and open it). From there you should be able to remove and re-add your FB account, and it should then prompt you to add Friendstream back into the list of allowed apps on FB.

I personally don't use Friendstream, so my info may not be completely accurate, but generally speaking that should get you up and running again.

I can confirm that if you go into the FriendStream App, when it loads up the feed, hit Menu and then Go to Settings, you have the option to add and sync your account from that menu, as well as prompt it to update.

RJSAdvisors

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

This is an easy fix. I thought my FriendStream quit working too because it never changed. If I hit the arrow to the right at the top, I got the new updates; but the widget never updated. Here is the fix: At the bottom of the widget is a very small bar with a circular refresh symbol and the current time. Just tap that small thin little bar, and the widget will quickly update itself to show the latest Facebook posts. Enjoy! :D

marcsledjeski

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Macon454...have you changed your password on Facebook? I changed mine and Friend Stream stopped working for me as well. You have to change your password in Friend Stream to fix it.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary