Software update didn't update everything...?

ScottG

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey AC Forums,
I updated my TB a while ago and noticed that after the update completed, some features mentioned in the changelog were not present. Things in red were not updated and things in green were updated.

-Improved data connectivity.
-Enhanced Call History view.
-Reduced number of device power cycles and resets.
-Improved Bluetooth Discovery Mode pop-up window.
-View App Menu in tabbed layout.
-Backup Assistant has been added to the All Apps menu.
-Preloaded My Verizon, VCAST Music and VCAST Videos.
-Desktop cradle App is now available, showing clock in landscape mode.
-NY Times site has been added into the browser bookmarks.

So now my question is, why were some features seemingly not updated? It seems strange that I got all the bloatware but not the actual useful features like the App Menu and cradle app... And when I check for new software in settings, it says that there is no new software update available. Any tips? I would prefer not to do a factory reset :)

jayven

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey AC Forums,
I updated my TB a while ago and noticed that after the update completed, some features mentioned in the changelog were not present. Things in red were not updated and things in green were updated.

-Improved data connectivity.
-Enhanced Call History view.
-Reduced number of device power cycles and resets.
-Improved Bluetooth Discovery Mode pop-up window.
-View App Menu in tabbed layout.
-Backup Assistant has been added to the All Apps menu.
-Preloaded My Verizon, VCAST Music and VCAST Videos.
-Desktop cradle App is now available, showing clock in landscape mode.
-NY Times site has been added into the browser bookmarks.

So now my question is, why were some features seemingly not updated? It seems strange that I got all the bloatware but not the actual useful features like the App Menu and cradle app... And when I check for new software in settings, it says that there is no new software update available. Any tips? I would prefer not to do a factory reset :)
I'm really shocked that your post hasn't received any response until now. This is an obvious and confounding omission by VZW for which no explanation has been offered. I spoke with a 2nd level VZW tech support person, on July 24, in VZW's Maryland call center, asking her this very same question. She said she JUST received a notice from VZW that they are aware of their omission, and that they will be issuing a revised MR2 (not MR3), starting on July 27. Guess what? As happens most of the time with well-meaning VZW tech support people, she was absolutely incorrect. I have been watching for posts from people saying they are getting a Software Update notice but, as you are also aware, nobody is telling us this. If it had been released beginning on July 27, there would be posts about it by now.