What's the easiest way to take off battery door?

chronic illusionz

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Soo....I've had this thing since the very first day it was released and I STILL haven't found a reliable way to take the back off, Because of this, that little space at the top looks terrible because I struggle to take it off.

Yes, it's a good thing because that means it's durable, but jeez! I feel like I'm going to break a finger taking this thing off.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Place your thumb on the "4G LTE" logo at the bottom of the battery cover, then dig your index finger into the small tab at the top and pull with your index finger while pushing with your thumb.

When replacing the cover, be sure that it is securely in place with no gaps along the edge, as it is part of the antenna.

Last edited:

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Place your thumb on the "4G LTE" logo at the bottom of the battery cover, then dig your index finger into the small tab at the top and pull with your index finger while pushing with your thumb.

When replacing the cover, be sure that it is securely in place with no gaps along the edge, as it is part of the antenna.

I've always used the pry and pray method. Thankfully I don't have to remove it often.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Insert your thumbnail into the slot at the top and slide it over to the upper left corner of the phone. As you go around the corner, it should start to pop off.

Thanks, Robrecht

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

That's the way I do it and it seems to work pretty well. You get better and faster at it the more you practice......I swap out batteries once a day, everyday, so I've gotten pretty good at it. :D

Antiseen

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
That way actually works. I've only taken off the cover a handful of times, but I found this way to be the easiest. Doesn't hurt...

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's how I do it...

-Frank
jackham-1.gif

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I found myself frustrated for some time with this problem. The trick is to make sure you're not holding the door down while trying to pry it off.

The battery door is the one design aspect I hate about the hardware.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a problem getting the cover off with just a fingernail, which are always kept very short, even when the phone was new. It comes off a little easier now since I usually swap batteries once a day, less when using the extended battery. I just lay the phone face down on a hard surface with a paper towel underneath to protect the screen from getting scratched. Then use my fingernail at the top with my palm near the 4G LTE symbol and pull the cover up. It snaps right up. Doesn’t hurt my nail at all or put any abnormal wear anywhere on the battery cover. :)

Last edited:

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Drop it. Works every time for me...j/k. But back flys off every time i drop it...biut fights me every inch of the way when try 2 rmv it.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a problem getting the cover off with just a fingernail, which are always kept very short, even when the phone was new. It comes off a little easier now since I usually swap batteries once a day, less when using the extended battery. I just lay the phone face down on a hard surface with a paper towel underneath to protect the screen from getting scratched. Then use my fingernail at the top with my palm near the 4G LTE symbol and pull the cover up. It snaps right up. Doesn?t hurt my nail at all or put any abnormal wear anywhere on the battery cover. :)

Pretty much my method I posted earlier, but one positive note is that after doing it a few times (in my case is was demonstrations for technical support agents), you get good as doing it without having to set it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2