Blackberry getting a leg up on android?

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
So I just seen a new commercial for the bb playbook talking how it can link to a blackberry via "blackberry bridge". It's basically taking MOTO's lapdock concept and making it wireless. I don't foresee myself ever going back to a blackberry, but I have to admit that I'm a little jealous that I can't do that with my tb and my tablet.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Not a chance, bb is sooooo far behind. Their whole new direction is Based on android anyway.
But gl to bb/rim maybe they can keep their niche.

markkelley

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Saw that too. Looks pretty cool, but I'd NEVER go back to BB. Waaaaaaaaay too slow. Way too far behind in apps. Battery pulls, 10 minute re-boots to update an app. Never!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The BB Bridge functionality is at the mercy of the carriers. AT&T blocked its use until recently. They're supporting it now but it'll cost you an extra 20 bucks a month.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have used a bb for years. The only thing I miss is bbm. That's about it. Rim has alot of catching up to do to even begin to compete with Android.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So I just seen a new commercial for the bb playbook talking how it can link to a blackberry via "blackberry bridge". It's basically taking MOTO's lapdock concept and making it wireless. I don't foresee myself ever going back to a blackberry, but I have to admit that I'm a little jealous that I can't do that with my tb and my tablet.

Yes, but from what I was reading, the Blackberry Bridge feature is the primary way of getting a data connection on the Playbook, not to mention the software that is needed on your Blackberry phone is notorious for causing java errors. Any of you former Blackberry owners I am sure are familiar with the oh-so-fun JVM error?

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
JVM507 was my favorite. What a POS operating system. The Blackberry Bridge feature is the only way to get email and a couple other things on the playbook. It doesn't have a native email client...it uses the one from your phone!

I used BB for 10 years...back when you could only use it with a wired headset. I loved them until VZW came out with the OG Droid. That's all it took. Here we are 4 Android phones later and I've never looked back.

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Whatever guys. They have a new totally awesome Curve that's about to be released. It's completely unlike anything they've ever released in the past two months. Sucks for you, Android fanbois!

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Whatever guys. They have a new totally awesome Curve that's about to be released. It's completely unlike anything they've ever released in the past two months. Sucks for you, Android fanbois!

My sarcasm meter isn't picking up a strong signal, maybe I need to take it in for servicing.

There is no way you could be serious.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

LMAO... you are kidding aren't you???

We are talking about a device that when it first came out couldn't even deliver emails to the device... isn't that what BB is known for delivering emails quickly and securely??? I think they missed sooooo many marks on this device... on sooooo many different levels!!!

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Read the playbook forum on crackberry.com that will give you an idea of how bad the playbook is.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
JVM507 was my favorite. What a POS operating system. The Blackberry Bridge feature is the only way to get email and a couple other things on the playbook. It doesn't have a native email client...it uses the one from your phone!

I used BB for 10 years...back when you could only use it with a wired headset. I loved them until VZW came out with the OG Droid. That's all it took. Here we are 4 Android phones later and I've never looked back.
If you've used BB's for so many years then you should know RIM did this for security reasons. When and if the Playbook has a GSM or CDMA radio it will have native email.

emerald9954

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but from what I was reading, the Blackberry Bridge feature is the primary way of getting a data connection on the Playbook, not to mention the software that is needed on your Blackberry phone is notorious for causing java errors. Any of you former Blackberry owners I am sure are familiar with the oh-so-fun JVM error?

That not true it just use to sink everything beside web access

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
LMAO... you are kidding aren't you???

We are talking about a device that when it first came out couldn't even deliver emails to the device... isn't that what BB is known for delivering emails quickly and securely??? I think they missed sooooo many marks on this device... on sooooo many different levels!!!

LOL I'm not saying It's a good device, just stated that I wish I could connect my tb to my tablet in the same way (with no extra tethering charges of course).

I will admit though I may have purposely worded the title to maybe get some people to think I'm nuts lol :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969