1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Blackberry getting a leg up on android?

So I just seen a new commercial for the bb playbook talking how it can link to a blackberry via "blackberry bridge". It's basically taking MOTO's lapdock concept and making it wireless. I don't foresee myself ever going back to a blackberry, but I have to admit that I'm a little jealous that I can't do that with my tb and my tablet.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Default Re: Blackberry getting a leg up on android?

Not a chance, bb is sooooo far behind. Their whole new direction is Based on android anyway.
    But gl to bb/rim maybe they can keep their niche.

Saw that too. Looks pretty cool, but I'd NEVER go back to BB. Waaaaaaaaay too slow. Way too far behind in apps. Battery pulls, 10 minute re-boots to update an app. Never!

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markkelley View Post
    Saw that too. Looks pretty cool, but I'd NEVER go back to BB. Waaaaaaaaay too slow. Way too far behind in apps. Battery pulls, 10 minute re-boots to update an app. Never!
    Coming from an 8900 on tmobile. the reboot time is ridiculously slow

Global Posts
    11,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

The BB Bridge functionality is at the mercy of the carriers. AT&T blocked its use until recently. They're supporting it now but it'll cost you an extra 20 bucks a month.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

All Android devices are far superior software wise

I have used a bb for years. The only thing I miss is bbm. That's about it. Rim has alot of catching up to do to even begin to compete with Android.

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

LOL.....no way......

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy View Post
    So I just seen a new commercial for the bb playbook talking how it can link to a blackberry via "blackberry bridge". It's basically taking MOTO's lapdock concept and making it wireless. I don't foresee myself ever going back to a blackberry, but I have to admit that I'm a little jealous that I can't do that with my tb and my tablet.
    Yes, but from what I was reading, the Blackberry Bridge feature is the primary way of getting a data connection on the Playbook, not to mention the software that is needed on your Blackberry phone is notorious for causing java errors. Any of you former Blackberry owners I am sure are familiar with the oh-so-fun JVM error?
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

JVM507 was my favorite. What a POS operating system. The Blackberry Bridge feature is the only way to get email and a couple other things on the playbook. It doesn't have a native email client...it uses the one from your phone!

I used BB for 10 years...back when you could only use it with a wired headset. I loved them until VZW came out with the OG Droid. That's all it took. Here we are 4 Android phones later and I've never looked back.

That "old dog" is not learning any new tricks.
    The only time BB has a "leg up" is when they are p!ssing away their market share.
    Sent from my iMac using my fingers and bluetooth keyboard.
    Jux

ROM
    CM7/MIUI/whatever I fancy

Whatever guys. They have a new totally awesome Curve that's about to be released. It's completely unlike anything they've ever released in the past two months. Sucks for you, Android fanbois!
    I made the Picard Video

Quote Originally Posted by Jux View Post
    Whatever guys. They have a new totally awesome Curve that's about to be released. It's completely unlike anything they've ever released in the past two months. Sucks for you, Android fanbois!
    My sarcasm meter isn't picking up a strong signal, maybe I need to take it in for servicing.

There is no way you could be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_is_Mike_is View Post
    That "old dog" is not learning any new tricks.
    The only time BB has a "leg up" is when they are p!ssing away their market share.
    Good one.

LMAO... you are kidding aren't you???

We are talking about a device that when it first came out couldn't even deliver emails to the device... isn't that what BB is known for delivering emails quickly and securely??? I think they missed sooooo many marks on this device... on sooooo many different levels!!!
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Read the playbook forum on crackberry.com that will give you an idea of how bad the playbook is.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    JVM507 was my favorite. What a POS operating system. The Blackberry Bridge feature is the only way to get email and a couple other things on the playbook. It doesn't have a native email client...it uses the one from your phone!

I used BB for 10 years...back when you could only use it with a wired headset. I loved them until VZW came out with the OG Droid. That's all it took. Here we are 4 Android phones later and I've never looked back.
    If you've used BB's for so many years then you should know RIM did this for security reasons. When and if the Playbook has a GSM or CDMA radio it will have native email.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Helloneumann View Post
    Read the playbook forum on crackberry.com that will give you an idea of how bad the playbook is.
    Now you read the Android Tablet forum on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    Yes, but from what I was reading, the Blackberry Bridge feature is the primary way of getting a data connection on the Playbook, not to mention the software that is needed on your Blackberry phone is notorious for causing java errors. Any of you former Blackberry owners I am sure are familiar with the oh-so-fun JVM error?
    That not true it just use to sink everything beside web access
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    LMAO... you are kidding aren't you???

We are talking about a device that when it first came out couldn't even deliver emails to the device... isn't that what BB is known for delivering emails quickly and securely??? I think they missed sooooo many marks on this device... on sooooo many different levels!!!
    LOL I'm not saying It's a good device, just stated that I wish I could connect my tb to my tablet in the same way (with no extra tethering charges of course).

I will admit though I may have purposely worded the title to maybe get some people to think I'm nuts lol

Quote Originally Posted by Leo J View Post
    Now you read the Android Tablet forum on this site.

Never said I owned an android tablet. The op is asking if Blackberry is getting a leg up, the answer is no. I actually own an IPad and love it.

First ,let me say I love my Tbolt and dont plan on going back to bb pbones in the future.With that being said I also love my bb playbook.im sorry but in my opinon it's the best investment in a tablet one can get.the only tablet with true multitasking,meaning you can run mutlple apps that doesnt close or stop and yet the os runs as smoothly as if its running one .people seems to forget rim is built around the business structure and their leg up is security hence the blackberry bridge .native email really? thats a preference call ,lack of apps true but lets not forget blackberry is a phone manufacturer based around their own os while android is a os and software system manufactured by other companies they have an edge in that department it's their expertise... not bashing just stating my opinion