I miss the lightweight of my Incredible 2

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
It was the most comfortable device in the hand that I've ever owned. This fat old ThunderBolt is so heavy and fat lol. When Gingerbread comes and I move to Denver (a 4G LTE Area) I'll probably be slightly more consoled lol.

Last edited:

Antiseen

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
How many phones do people go through? Is there some contract that let's you upgrade a phone every month or do people just throw down ridiculous amounts of money for a new phone so often?

I say this cause I always scratch my head at posts like "man I miss my (less than 3 months ago released phone)" i'm new to the smartphone game. Dunno if I can keep pace, lol.

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
People who have multiple lines on their plan could have all different contract dates that anyone on that plan could use when one line expires..other then that, I guess you have to be rich, lol

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
This phone isnt very heavy. Maybe you should hit the gym or something. Im not saying there isnt a difference but its like complaining about a stack of 150 loose leaf and a 150 page spiral notebook

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Not having 4G on the Thunderbolt is like having a Ferrari without the keys :)

Coming from a DroidX which is paper thin and light, the TB was shockingly heavy the first time I held it but within a few days you get use to the weight and it actually feels like a solid built device.. it doesn't have that plastic feel.
I have a family plan with my parents added to the account. They use cheap little flip phones and never use their upgrades. So I now have 3 upgrades available to use... I keep my phone in mint condition and then sell it on eBay as slightly used but in mint condition which I can usually get around $300 for it. The $300 goes to the new upgrade so its basically like you're trading your phone in for free.

Another option... which also involves keeping the phone in mint condition is to sell the phone on eBay for $300 and then just buy the new phone at full price at $600-$700. Then it works out to you only paying $300-$400 which is close to what you would pay for an upgraded device.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I dropped mine today and I think it cracked the concrete floor...lol! In all seriousness, I like that it's a bit weighty, and I have the extended battery adding to it too. The super thin and super light phones kind are awkward to me.

grrump

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I just came from an og Droid , I sometimes forget the tb is in my pocket its so much lighter. The Droid was like carrying a brick in your pocket.

said the juiced up thunderbiscuit.

all bamf.ed up and no place to go

nighttrain56

May 6, 2010
Visit site
How many phones do people go through? Is there some contract that let's you upgrade a phone every month or do people just throw down ridiculous amounts of money for a new phone so often?

I say this cause I always scratch my head at posts like "man I miss my (less than 3 months ago released phone)" i'm new to the smartphone game. Dunno if I can keep pace, lol.

I use other co-workers upgrades to support my "I want a new phone" and give them the previous phone I was using. One of the perks of controlling the company cell phone plan as far as I'm concerned, lol.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The only time the weight bugs me is when I'm wearing basketball shorts or something, and it causes drag on one side.:mad::cool::confused:

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It was the most comfortable device in the hand that I've ever owned. This fat old ThinderBolt is so heavy and fat lol. When Gingerbread comes and I move to Denver (a 4G LTE Area) I'll probably be slightly more consoled lol.

On a side note, enjoy Denver.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
If anybody owned a Dinc2 they would understand. It was a solid device.

I'm poor I just buy and sell phones on Craigslist or trade up sometimes.

Denver is sweet and Craigslist out there is flooded with devices :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs