Why is it so difficult for Verizon to give me a phone in exchange

Hawk142

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
for my Thunderbolt, I've had nothing but horrible experience with the phone and they won't give me anything. They call that customer service, the one time I need something they can't provide it. What started out as a great phone just went south very quickly.

I just want something to hold me over till the Glasxy S2 or Prime comes out:(

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Re: Why is it so difficult for Verizon to give me a phone in exch

for my Thunderbolt, I've had nothing but horrible experience with the phone and they won't give me anything. They call that customer service, the one time I need something they can't provide it. What started out as a great phone just went south very quickly.

I've never had to exchange a phone, but I've seen plenty of posts on here from folks who have.

I guess the real question is, what is the "horrible experience" you refer to? Unless you're in the 14-day window, Verizon isn't gonna just let you exchange for a DIFFERNT device just because you're unhappy with the one you have. They do seem to be pretty good about replacing defective devices, however...so I'm just curious why you're seeking an exchange.

Verizon may not be willing to help you...but neither can we if we don't know what your problem(s) are...

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm happy that you know for sure that one of those not-yet-released phones will satisfy your needs. :)

-Frank

Hawk142

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Well the reboots have started up again and my battery is still horrible.

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

The way Verizon sees it, you have 14 days to decide if you like a phone or not. After that, they're more than willing to replace defective devices with a certified like-new of the same model.

You're running on all of the recent updates including the MR2 radio?

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Well are you asking for a different Thunderbolt, or an entirely different type of phone? If you want a different kind of phone altogether then I don't see them replacing it. It just sets too much of a precedent if they start doing that.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

i haven't had much trouble having verizon send out refurbs. now, if you want exchange for a NEW thunderbolt or some other phone outside the return/exchange period, then that would be a tough sell.

weasel123

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

I received a replacement couple of days ago because HTC sense re-started all the time. The replacement phone runs so smooth. It must be a newer TB.