My Verizon App

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the new app when my phone was recently updated and I thought it was neat because it showed the amount of data I used even though I have unlimited data. When I got the app it showed the data in a little box on my home screen. I could also click on it and open it up and it showed my wife's information and various other things

However, the android market said there was an update to this app. I updated it and now it no longer shows my data on the home screen. I now have to open the app up to see it. Also my data usage has not changed on it since doing the update. Before it would update all the time throughout the day. Anyway to fix this and get the older version back on?

I uninstalled the update and it did not revert back to the older version.

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I restarted it originally, but I did not clear the app. I just tried that, rebooted, and still no usage data on the home screen without actually opening the app up. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I got the new app when my phone was recently updated and I thought it was neat because it showed the amount of data I used even though I have unlimited data. When I got the app it showed the data in a little box on my home screen. I could also click on it and open it up and it showed my wife's information and various other things

However, the android market said there was an update to this app. I updated it and now it no longer shows my data on the home screen. I now have to open the app up to see it. Also my data usage has not changed on it since doing the update. Before it would update all the time throughout the day. Anyway to fix this and get the older version back on?

I uninstalled the update and it did not revert back to the older version.

1) Reinstall new version of MyVerizon again if you have not already done so.

2) Long press on Home Screen at location you would like the data usage widget. Then select... | Widget | Data Usage.

Done.

As for data usage update frequency, VZW is kind of sporadic on that. Sometimes it's fast. Sometimes it's slow.

-Frank

Last edited:
Reactions: exmeaguy

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

2) Long press on Home Screen at location you would like the data usage widget. Then select... | Widget | Data Usage.

Done.

As for data usage update frequency, VZW is kind of sporadic on that. Sometimes it's fast. Sometimes it's slow.

-Frank

That did it. Thank you Frank! :)

Reactions: Chiefmcfuz

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Done.

-Frank

I noticed it seems to update more frequently when you use more data. What i mean is, if you are using like 20 megs over 1 day, it might not update during the day. however, when i use 1+gb over about 2 hours, i notice it updates very quickly after that.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed it seems to update more frequently when you use more data. What i mean is, if you are using like 20 megs over 1 day, it might not update during the day. however, when i use 1+gb over about 2 hours, i notice it updates very quickly after that.
Update frequency is dependant on a number of things. Such as...

Is it phone data?
Is is Mobile Hotspot data?
Using a roaming tower?
Using a local tower?
Computer system data use collection factors
Billing system notification
Geographical area

Probably more.

Generally I think they do a really good job. I remember not long ago when data usage was almost always delayed by a couple of days.

-Frank

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Update frequency is dependant on a number of things. Such as...

Is it phone data?
Is is Mobile Hotspot data?
Using a roaming tower?
Using a local tower?
Computer system data use collection factors
Billing system notification
Geographical area

Probably more.

Generally I think they do a really good job. I remember not long ago when data usage was almost always delayed by a couple of days.

-Frank

you're probably right, i'm just giving the observation. everything else is the same for me, except data usage amount.

i think they have to be more accurate now, esp. since they have tiered data plans.

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that to. For example where I live I watched a movie on netflix and as soon as I was done it updated that data. If I browse the web for 30 or so minutes it does it as well. If it's just a few minutes it doesn't update until the end of the night or the next day.

ryan2600

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the app from the market and it starts to open and says cannot process your request at this moment. we apologize blahl blah blah. How are you guys able to open it? I even restarted. Rooted, CM7 RC1.3

Ryan

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the app from the market and it starts to open and says cannot process your request at this moment. we apologize blahl blah blah. How are you guys able to open it? I even restarted. Rooted, CM7 RC1.3

Ryan
Assuming you are talking about the app and not the Data Usage Widget...

Have you tried clearing cache and clearing data, force closing, and trying again?

-Frank

ryan2600

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Assuming you are talking about the app and not the Data Usage Widget...

Have you tried clearing cache and clearing data, force closing, and trying again?

-Frank

hi frank-

yes i gave that a try and still nothing. i even tried the data widget and it just says connecting. im on 3g if that makes a difference.

Ryan

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
hi frank-

yes i gave that a try and still nothing. i even tried the data widget and it just says connecting. im on 3g if that makes a difference.

Ryan
3G should not matter at all. As long as it's a good connection. If it were me I'd try uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling. You're not using the previously leaked version are you? 'Cuz I don't know how that might behave...

Yeah, the Data Widget simply opens that same MyVerizon app, but at a different page than the app normally starts in.

-Frank

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought MyVerizon didn't work on Thunderbolt. Did they updated it to work for Thunderbolt?

Official version came with mr2 ota, there was some leaked versions that works with mr1 and gb

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt with built in auto-restart and auto-shut-down features!

makavelli302

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I installed the my verizon app but it says "services are temporarily unavailable. please try again later or call customer care for assistance error code 300" any idea on getting this thing up and running?

PhreePhlyer

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
What's the Verizon Login Client? I installed the My Verizon App, but it won't connect. It says it needs the Verizon Login Client app.

sent from my TRS-80 using Telepathy

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
What's the Verizon Login Client? I installed the My Verizon App, but it won't connect. It says it needs the Verizon Login Client app.

sent from my TRS-80 using Telepathy

Are you running the most current software version from Verizon? If so, there should be no reason to install it. If you installed it, there might conflicts with the 2 versions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech