Program Soft Key Longpress Shortcut?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to program a long press of a soft key (bottom keys that light up).

When on the home screen the back arrow does nothing. I would love to use it as a shortcut to the internet. When I longpress the home key internet is usually there but not always. I thought a shortcut to the internet would be a nice function for the back arrow key when on home screens. Of course I want the back arrow key to function normally within apps and when using the internet.

I am not rooted.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Home2 shortcut in the market.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk

Again, thank you very much for your suggestion.

Close but no cigar. Unfortunately this app cannot use back arrow key as shortcut but even worse it disables the view of all home screens accessed by double press of the home key .

Its too bad because it would have allowed long press of search key to jump to internet (or whatever app u want).

Anybody know one that allows programming only the keys you want while leaving the others alone?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Also the search key on the bottom capacitive buttons (magnifying glass) lets you search the internet.
You can also set it to launch apps or pretty much anything else on the phone without having a 3rd party app running in the background.

To add new applications to the Android search screen, you need to: Press the search button... Press the menu button... Select search settings... Select searchable items. Check all of the boxes for the apps you want to search within.

Now all you have to do is hit the magnifying glass and type the first letter of the app or whatever else you want to do on the phone to open it up. It also keeps a list of what you search for so the next time you don't need to type anything.. just choose where you want to go.

It also works with voice commands by the way... long press the search key.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm aware of all that. When I say I want a shortcut to internet I mean the window that is already open. I often leave a page on the net with the home key then go back when I can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power