1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default When I plug in headphones voice dialer comes on?

When I plug in headphones voice dialer comes on. Does this happen to anyone else?

Default Re: When I plug in headphones voice dialer comes on?

Yeah, I've had that happen several times actually, a bit annoying.

ROM
    Bamf on HTC. Stock prime

Happens to me too.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Mean to say I'm glad but if it is just a tbolt quirk I will live with it. Would have hated to have to return the phone....unless they gave me a charge instead!

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Mine has never done that.

Never happened to me, but I am using standard headphones. Are you using a headset that supports talking?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

No, just regular cheapo headphones but sometimes the symbol for headset with microphone appears in the notification bar instead of the standard headphones icon. Even so since there is no microphone it shouldn't do anything right? The phone twice tried to call my most recent call. I usually use a bt A2DP earpiece and I have no problems with that so I tossed the headphones. They are literally $1 headphones but worked fine with my Droid.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Never happened before, I haved used chepo to expensive Skulls and have never had it happen.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I guess I'm unlucky but it has happened to other people too. We're not saying it happens to everyone but I do wonder how many others have the problem.

ROM
    Stock...atm...

this has actually been happening to me the past couple nights. With both my headphones as well, using some standard sony in ear headphones and then my denon hp1000 as well. Got really annoying so I decided to remove my voice dialer. Dont use it anyways so didn't really care. Hasn't done it since I removed it. And mine didn't start coming up until about an hour into listening to music, and it would open my other music player and start playing and skipping through songs really fast, so extremely annoying. Gone now so not complaining anymore

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts

When it happens again. try pushing the headphone plug in as far as you can. See if that helps.

It sounds like the phone thinks you have a plug with a microphone (4 pole), and the microphone button is being pressed.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by worwig View Post
    When it happens again. try pushing the headphone plug in as far as you can. See if that helps.

It sounds like the phone thinks you have a plug with a microphone (4 pole), and the microphone button is being pressed.
    When I push the plug all the way in I lost audio. I can't repeat it because I threw away the headphones.
    Even if phone "thought" button was pushed there is no good reason it should redial the last number called.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Just one more "buggy" thing about this phone. BIG hat, no cows.