Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    I currently use juice defender but have been seeing a lot of mentions of 2x Battery lately. Is one better? Could we theoretically use both? Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  
    jd07bos's Avatar

    Posts
    218 Posts
    ROM
    Xenon HD JellyBean

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    I removed JD after 3 days of use, its only good if your a super light user...
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    Droid_Evo_8's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    I have no problems using 2x Battery. I normally use it moderately during the day and 8 hours later (after I unplugged to going to work and come back home), I still have 90% left to use.
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  
    BattleSwine's Avatar

    Posts
    356 Posts
    ROM
    unrooted 2.11.605.19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jd07bos View Post
    I removed JD after 3 days of use, its only good if your a super light user...
    I agree. I tried JD, but it offered little benefit for the pain. The HTC 2750mAh battery is worth it.


    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  
    Hunter S. Thompson's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI primarily

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Juice defender seemed pretty clunky when I was using it, though it did improve my battery, which was worth the headaches it gave me. Ive since stopped using it though and pretty much gave up on battery savers all together. This one looks promising though, giving it a shot now Thanks for the heads up!
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    I have no problems using 2x Battery. I normally use it moderately during the day and 8 hours later (after I unplugged to going to work and come back home), I still have 90% left to use.
    I think our definitions of "moderately" differ greatly. The screen alone should draw more power than that with "moderate" use. I'd be interested in seeing what your screen on time is.
  7. #7  
    ssethv's Avatar
    ANDROID OBSESSED

    Posts
    1,589 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    I am rooted and use the paid version of 2x battery... i can easily go two full days on a charge... I tried JD and did not like it... 2x battery all the way for me... but to each their own I guess my screen on-time is prolly 50percent. and now that I am using desktopSMS app, i don't need it to be on nearly as much since i can text from my computer now
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  
    Droid_Evo_8's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    I think our definitions of "moderately" differ greatly. The screen alone should draw more power than that with "moderate" use. I'd be interested in seeing what your screen on time is.
    My moderate use is just facebooking, go sms messaging, kik messenger and a little bit of Field Runners just during my breaks and lunch, not while working.




    Phone setup:
    50% display brightness
    wifi/3g on
    background sync on
    gps off
    screen on time: 30 mins
  9. #9  
    spartanguy81's Avatar

    Posts
    427 Posts
    ROM
    stock, for now...

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Display = 2% is more like no usage than moderate usage

    edit I guess I could have paid attention to the screen on time of only 30 minutes...
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    My display is normally 85% on what I call moderate use.... I guess I fail at moderation.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Been using 2x battery and holy crap is it amazing. Moderate to heavy use lasted me 18 hours and still had 30% left.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    HTC Thunderbolt 4G
    Running: Bamf Forever Cubed 1.0.9
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Juice defender says it is making my battery last over 4 times longer today, reason enough for me.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Do you use your phone at all? O.o I get 1.1x at best, when I am not using it. Lol
  14. #14  
    PapaSmurf6768's Avatar
    Themer

    Posts
    128 Posts
    ROM
    dasBAMF

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    I really like 2x Battery just because it's so simple unlike JD, but I really want Wifi control, since thats what I use most of the day.
    Edit: anyone know of an app like 2x battery that toggles wifi?
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Favorite ROMs - dasBAMF Forever, SkyRaider Zeus Preview, dasBAMF 1.8.6 Remix
    If I helped ya, click da button!
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulmiller82 View Post
    Do you use your phone at all? O.o I get 1.1x at best, when I am not using it. Lol
    Well I was at work where I can't use my phone while working lol.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    I understand that, we can't all have stupid easy IT jobs. but e even with my horrible 8 hours on light use, 4x I can't even get that much if I am in airplane mode. Lol
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulmiller82 View Post
    I understand that, we can't all have stupid easy IT jobs. but e even with my horrible 8 hours on light use, 4x I can't even get that much if I am in airplane mode. Lol
    that's the only time I have ever seen it above 2x. May have been a fluke, but it was still nice to see.
  18. #18  
    prim8's Avatar

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    My moderate use is just facebooking, go sms messaging, kik messenger and a little bit of Field Runners just during my breaks and lunch, not while working.




    Phone setup:
    50% display brightness
    wifi/3g on
    background sync on
    gps off
    screen on time: 30 mins
    Screen on 30 minutes in 2 days I would say is virtually no usage, not moderate.
  19. #19  
    prim8's Avatar

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf6768 View Post
    I really like 2x Battery just because it's so simple unlike JD, but I really want Wifi control, since thats what I use most of the day.
    Edit: anyone know of an app like 2x battery that toggles wifi?
    Y-5 Battery saver is awesome for toggling wifi on and off.
    It remembers what cell towers are near wifi you are connected to. If you aren't near those towers it turns off your wifi, if you come near them again it turns them back on.
    I would guess if 2x battery doesn't have that function you could use them both.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by ssethv View Post
    I am rooted and use the paid version of 2x battery... i can easily go two full days on a charge... I tried JD and did not like it... 2x battery all the way for me... but to each their own I guess my screen on-time is prolly 50percent. and now that I am using desktopSMS app, i don't need it to be on nearly as much since i can text from my computer now

    1. Are you on Stock battery or the extended one?
    2. How does 2x Battery play with Pandora or Google music playing in the background?
  21. #21  
    PapaSmurf6768's Avatar
    Themer

    Posts
    128 Posts
    ROM
    dasBAMF

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by TauntingBull View Post
    2. How does 2x Battery play with Pandora or Google music playing in the background?
    You can set 2x Battery to not disable data until there's no more traffic, or you could just disable it with the widget.
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Favorite ROMs - dasBAMF Forever, SkyRaider Zeus Preview, dasBAMF 1.8.6 Remix
    If I helped ya, click da button!
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf6768 View Post
    You can set 2x Battery to not disable data until there's no more traffic, or you could just disable it with the widget.
    is that option only available in the PRO version? and is the PRO version worth it?
  23. #23  
    PapaSmurf6768's Avatar
    Themer

    Posts
    128 Posts
    ROM
    dasBAMF

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by TauntingBull View Post
    is that option only available in the PRO version? and is the PRO version worth it?
    Nope, free version. I have the free version and I don't think I'll need the pro any time soon.
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Favorite ROMs - dasBAMF Forever, SkyRaider Zeus Preview, dasBAMF 1.8.6 Remix
    If I helped ya, click da button!
    Thanked by:
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    Juice Defender - no contest.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Juice defender or 2x Battery?

    I have not tried Juice Defender so no comment there, however, I will say that 2x Battery does provide an improvement at least in the case I have tried. I installed 2x after reading the earlier posts and used it yesterday in an application that is not radio intensive but is GPS intensive (a golf GPS program). I use this program a lot so I am very familiar with the battery usage. Prior to using 2x, with a full charge leaving home, using the GPS program for ~4 hours plus I would usually have 46-47% battery left. Yesterday under the same conditions I ended with 57%, so a noticeable and appreciated increase was achieved with 2x. I normally turn off WiFi, Bluetooth and auto refresh when using the golf program to conserve battery and did the same so everything was equal.

    Will run the test a few more times and if any different results will post here.

Posting Permissions