Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cyber Warrior
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Asurion Free Accessories?

After my brother dropped my phone and killed the charging port of my ThunderBolt, I went online to Asurion to get a replacement. Today I got that replacement and it came with SD card, SIM card, battery, etc. The return envelope says to send "PHONE ONLY!" so does that mean I get to keep a new SD card and battery?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Default Re: Asurion Free Accessories?

I'm not sure its been ages since I have gotten a replacement from Asurion, you may want to contact them just to be safe. Hopefully someone else can give you a better answer.

I had my broke bolt replaced through them about 2 weeks ago, I sent back the phone only and have not caught any problems for it, I kept the sd card, my old battery (now have 2 ), and the sim card (I needed the sim anyways the one in the bad bolt was fried). So as long as you send the phone you should be good to go.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Just the phone gets sent back... Battery and SD Card are yours to keep. They usually don't send you a new card... Or battery unless there was a problem with it but otherwise, yea.. just send back the phone. You now have an extra battery and SD Card.

dannychaos likes this.
    High Five Champion

ROM
    CM9 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by hankhank96 View Post
    After my brother dropped my phone and killed the charging port of my ThunderBolt, I went online to Asurion to get a replacement. Today I got that replacement and it came with SD card, SIM card, battery, etc. The return envelope says to send "PHONE ONLY!" so does that mean I get to keep a new SD card and battery?
    I know everyone just answered this for you but yeah! It's crazy that they do that for you, I had to call just because I couldnt believe and had to hear come out of their mouth. Man, just getting the extra 32gig sd card pays for the $99 replace fee.
    Hey look, its a signature!