Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text message problem

I've been having a really frustrating problem.
    Sometimes when i text a person and press send, even though it was type completely in their message box, it sends to a totally different person who has a convo going with me(if i havent deleted the convo).

So for example i chatted with my mom a couple days ago and havent deleted her messages, and i text my dad, on occasion it will send the text typed to my dad and send it to my mom.

This has happened about 8 times within the past month and a half of owning my phone.
    Its getting annoying since people are always confused.

Anyone have any idea whats wrong??

Default Re: Text message problem

There are several posts on this issue. Most people have suggested using a different messaging application if you're still using the stock app for messaging. Handcent or GO SMS Pro.

... You may want to clear the cash and data for the app.

It might be me, but I noticed that only happened to me when I have over 200 or so texts messages open. Coincidence or not, it never happened when I had limited number of messages open.
    My Devices:

Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX
    Apple iPad 3 (soon to be Nexus 7)

With the stock messenger app you need to limit the length of the text strings or it starts having some issues. I think around is 200 is the magic number, if you start getting much more than that, you will have problems like that or crashing or other problems. If you don't want to delete messages, you could try a 3rd party messaging app.