Twitter App

rapboymix

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I'm looking for a good twitter app for my TB I don't want one that will drain my battery fast and I would to try looking for one that updates all the time not every3-5mins at a time..:)

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I like TweetDeck a lot. It allows me to set up "pages" for each of my lists and then customized how often each page is updated and what type of notification it generates (sound, vibration, etc.).

I think what you meant by "updates all the time" is that it receives push notifications instead of polling the server at intervals. I don't think Twitter supports that. The only way I know of to accomplish that is to use the Twitter web site to send you a text message for each person you want to follow closely.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I use Tweetcaster.. have it set to update every hour with notifications turned off.

acbanner.jpg

| General Help and How To | Tips & Tricks | Forum Guidelines |

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I am not what one would consider a "power user", so Seesmic has worked well for me. I tried a few different apps out when I started using BlackBerry. Seesmic seemed the best of them at that time and I have just stuck with the program. I suppose it would be better if it would move to the SD card, but oh well.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I use tweetdeck, and it works great for me.

It's not necessarily the *best* twitter client i've used, but it does seem to be battery friendly, and I really like getting facebook updates in my timeline.

DevTin23

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have probably used all the twitter apps on a android. My favorites are plume, twicca, and tweetcaster. But I have been using the official app because it has push notification and there is no other twitter app that has that for android.

sent from my sense-free thunderbolt

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I use tweetdeck, and it works great for me.

It's not necessarily the *best* twitter client i've used, but it does seem to be battery friendly, and I really like getting facebook updates in my timeline.

I agree. I prefer tweetdeck as well. It doesn't have as many features as some of the others but it serves me well. I actually prefer tweetcaster but even with notifications off and only updating when I open it, it still destroys my battery.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Tweetcaster Pro, because its the only Twitter client that allows you to "zip" a person who is tweeting too much (its like muting/unmuting) without having to unfollow them or block them.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I use the Official Twitter app and would consider myself a power user I'm on Twitter all of the time. The rest of the apps currently available are just too quirky for my tastes.

zentenn

Mar 24, 2011
forums.delphiforums.com
By no means am I a twitter expert, but I do have a question. Some of the people I'm following show up as text messages, some don't. Well, I just checked my Verizon acct and I'm over on my 500 monthly total and I just put 2 and 2 together and figured out it was the twitter textes putting me over.

Is there as way to get the tweets to just show up on the Twitter app and not as texts too?

TIA

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Go to twitter.com and login. Click on "Following". One at a time, click on the names of the people you're following. For each one, look in the right-hand pane for the cell phone symbol next to the green "Following" button. If the cell phone symbol is green/white, then you're receiving a text whenever that person tweets. Click on the phone symbol and it will turn white/gray. That turns off the texts, but you'll still be following them and can still see their tweets in Twitter apps on your phone, which uses data and not text messages to get updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay