1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G LTE in Austin, TX

Yesterday morning while filling up my car with gas at William Cannon and Brodie Lane, my TB showed the 4G LTE icon. So did my wife's TB. Hopefully a good sign of things to come. I didn't have time to do any tests or track when/where the 4G icon dropped off.

Anyone else on the west side of Austin (away from the airport) notice any 4G blips? It's insane that Verizon has chosen to ignore Austin.

Default Re: 4G LTE in Austin, TX

That is pretty crazy, luckily we've had it down here in San Antonio since launch. Get ready for your battery to drain a LOT faster now though but it's totally worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by phantomog View Post
    Yesterday morning while filling up my car with gas at William Cannon and Brodie Lane, my TB showed the 4G LTE icon. So did my wife's TB. Hopefully a good sign of things to come. I didn't have time to do any tests or track when/where the 4G icon dropped off.

Anyone else on the west side of Austin (away from the airport) notice any 4G blips? It's insane that Verizon has chosen to ignore Austin.
    I haven't noticed a 4G signal in that area. I'll keep a watch on the phone now. And yes for all the big events and high tech Austin has it crazy to not get 4G going here.

ROM
    | InfectedROM Eternity

They are still testing out in Austin, how do i know this you ask The past few day ive had 4g in three different places but never for more than that day. But hopefully they make it all live soon!!!

I haven't noticed it yet but it's supposed to be sept 15th officially right?

Getting 4g today in NW Austin and round rock. I this k its faster than my wifi at home.....

I was getting 4GLTE on my Thunderbolt in downtown Austin on August 8th. Then I got it again a couple weeks later. And now, I've had it all day at my house in SW Austin as well as downtown. Photos of the speed tests attached. Has anyone seen anything reliable on when the full launch for Verizon will be? Is there any way this is ATT testing it's fledgling LTE network and not Verizon? God, I hope not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4G LTE in Austin, TX-8.8-speedtest.bmp   4G LTE in Austin, TX-8.31-speedtest.bmp  

Nevermind, found it.
    Austin - LTE - September 15.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

That's awesome! Unfortunately I have ZERO service at work, but I was just up North running errands and had 4G LTE. Finally here! I'm glad cause the update was just forced upon my phone and I ended up subscribing to the mobile hotspot, 4g will make it worth it!

4G from Brodie and William Cannon all the way to Southwest Parkway and William Cannon. Haven't been any where else.
    Just pulled 33M down on speed test.
    Last edited by onegimp; 09-01-2011 at 10:11 AM.

I've had it full time since yesterday morning. Very fast. I downloaded the latest cm7 which is about 90mb in about 90s.

Figures after i just got back from there doing a family trip. Couldn't belive they didn't have it. Coulda used it. Once again thanks Verizon. haha

Pretty solid in n Austin and round rock. Just wandered up north to Georgetown and its back to 3g

I work in south Austin near the Y at Oakhill and streamed music and high quality YouTube all the way home around Palmer and 620. I had full bars the entire trip and the only blip was around the 360 bridge. I've been streaming HS football while surfing fb and twitter all night. Got 31mbs download off the temple server earlier. Right now I'm in 3g and been for awhile but hopefully will be pretty solid here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    I work in south Austin near the Y at Oakhill and streamed music and high quality YouTube all the way home around Palmer and 620. I had full bars the entire trip and the only blip was around the 360 bridge. I've been streaming HS football while surfing fb and twitter all night. Got 31mbs download off the temple server earlier. Right now I'm in 3g and been for awhile but hopefully will be pretty solid here soon.

Update. My 4g is back on. No worries. Think it was my Droid change. I think i have issues with the Bluetooth causing data to lock up sometimes. Oh well, I have LTE.