new user no gmail push and headset controls

chetman7

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey
I just recently picked up a thunderbolt replacing my Dinc
love the phone so far, but I am having a couple of problems lately

My gmail seems to have stopped being pushed to my phone. Sync is on. I tried clearing app cache and data, battery pull. The emails are hitting the gmail server on my comp without delay. I either get my email min 7 hours after it is sent or if I manually refresh. I've looked through all my settings and everything seems to be right. I have mobile data always on.

I've searched a lot and done all the suggestions I could find on the the forum. Just seeing if anyone else is experiencing this and if there is any other fix that I haven't tried....the last thing I want to do is a hard reset.

my second question is that I have a pair of ipod headphones that I always use. I use Mixzing music app. On my Dinc, I could click the mic on the headphones once to pause, twice to skip forward, trice to skip backwards.

Now on my thunderbolt, 2 clicks does skip the song but it also redials my last called at the same time. Any fix for this?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock phone mail app or the actual gmail app? I dont think the stock mail app supports push mail, the gmail app defaults to push.

I don't use headphone very often on mine but from everything i've seen posted on here, headphone support on the Thunderbolt is pretty bad. I don't think the iPod headphone work well with the thunderbolt. Not sure if there is a pair that work better than others. Hopefully someone else can answer this one.

Reactions: chetman7

chetman7

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the stock phone mail app or the actual gmail app? I dont think the stock mail app supports push mail, the gmail app defaults to push.

I don't use headphone very often on mine but from everything i've seen posted on here, headphone support on the Thunderbolt is pretty bad. I don't think the iPod headphone work well with the thunderbolt. Not sure if there is a pair that work better than others. Hopefully someone else can answer this one.

I'm using the gmail app. It is disappointing that headphone support is bad. I feel as if it is a toss up between what I like about the Dinc and thunderbolt. I liked how developers addressed problems with the dinc and fixed it with future phones, but now things that worked fine on the dinc or now problems on the thunderbolt.

If anyone has any headphone suggestions that would be great...or a way to change songs by pressing the side buttons. I love listening to music when I'm riding so an easy way to change songs without taking the phone out of my pocket to swipe the screen would be ideal