My TBolt wouldn't call anybody!

aksi

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just happened for a few min.
I was pushing on people's name from my contacts to make a call, but the phone didn't do anything.
Then I go into contact detail(where it has every info that I entered for the specific person), and click on 'call mobile'. The phone goes into black screen. I push home button and it comes back to my homescreen. The phone is not rooted.
Then finally the person I was trying to call calls me while I was getting frustrated.
After that, I can make calls again.
I don't know if 'receiving the call' made my phone somehow back to normal or time just fixed it.
Anybody had same experience before, please share. Thank you

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like either contacts service, phone app, or other background service (most likely syncing) had an issue in the hand-off. Mostly like the contacts service. Slow down down for whatever reason you got ahead how quickly the software could take all the inputs. My nephew did the same thing on my TBolt ( he thinks the faster he enters commands the faster an electronic device should respond). I took it from him waited a few seconds and received "Force Close or Wait". Took "Wait" option sat black screen with notification bar for another 20-30 seconds. Selected "Force Close". After that no issues. I would expect rebooting would also clear this issue. I hope this helps.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that the ThunderBolt is very slow to actually start a call once I select someone from the contacts list. I don't know if has something to do with an add-in I'm using or if that's just the way it is for everyone. Usually it will start the call after waiting a bit, but it takes longer than it should for a device that's supposed to primarily be a phone.