thunderbolt or Dinc2 ?

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
This has been asked before, but time has passed and I'm guessing that updates have happened to the software.

So, now that folks have had time to consider the ups and downs, what would you choose if you could start over?

I gotta tell you, this forum looks downright frightening with the various issues showing up. If it were just battery life, I could buy a nice fat battery... no big deal.

On the other hand, these forums tend to bloat with odd-ball problems rather than "yay, I love it!" type posts.

So what do you think? Is it a toss up? I happen to see a Tbolt on my local craigslist but, for the moment, no Dinc2s.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If you like a 4 inch screen and 3G service, go for the Dinc2.

If you like a 4.3 inch screen and 4G service, go for the ThunderBolt.

-Frank

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.... though I'm mainly concerned with the stability of the platform. I'm not interested in taking on a phone that becomes a maintenance and troubleshooting project in itself! So I'm wondering if the Dinc2 is considered to be a more stable system.

I do appreciate that the Tbolt can both take a call and surf the net at the same time, too.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Thunderbolt since April 1 and have never looked back. For me, there simply isn't any other phone out there that has even the slightest amount of appeal over the TB. It sounds silly, but a big part of that is that very few phones have a kickstand, a feature that has become a requirement for me as I use it all the time. :D

As to it being a "maintenance and troubleshooting project", you could say that with the MR1 update. But MR2 has resolved that and brought very good stability to the Thunderbolt. Since MR2, my TB has "just worked" as I need it day in and day out. :)

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My brother has inc2 and I have the tb. It's as frank said, main difference is 3g vs lte. I prefer the tb because I live in a 4g area. tb works great after the mr2 update or you can root. I got it before the tiered plan, unlimited 4g for the price of unlimited 3g was too good to pass up.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention you can set the thunderbolt to 3g mode. I am sure the dinc2 is a great phone too.

**Obligitory: "root and install a sweet custom rom to enjoy the full power of this thing"**

At last I was stock on MR2 and a debloated version of the official release rom I was getting awesome performance with the gps being the only issue at all (locking slowly).

On Gingerbread (Gingeritis 3D custom rom) now this thing is perfect.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The Thunderbolt is the only phone on VZW that can do simultaneous 3G data and voice. MR1 had issues, but MR2 fixed them for me. Even improved battery life and GPS fix time. Coming from BB I didn't notice either.... it was the reboot issue I wanted fixed and MR2 did. Great phone, I have no reservations recommending it now.