Class 4 vs Class 10 sd cards

wxruss

Jun 7, 2011
www.weatherlink.com
I just replaced the 32gb C4 with a 16gb C10 card. Gotta say, can't really tell a difference. Only when I put it in my pc to back it up can I tell a difference. 2-3 mb/s for the c4 and 5-8 for the c10. In the phone, not much difference.

Reactions: Mortiel

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just replaced the 32gb C4 with a 16gb C10 card. Gotta say, can't really tell a difference. Only when I put it in my pc to back it up can I tell a difference. 2-3 mb/s for the c4 and 5-8 for the c10. In the phone, not much difference.

Good reference. Thanks!

wxruss

Jun 7, 2011
www.weatherlink.com
Also, I did use SD Tools, and the C10 scored way higher (c4 r10 mb/s w5 mb/s, c10 r22 mb/s w10 mb/s). But still, no noticeable difference in phone performance.

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Did you get a Sandisk card? or something else?

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

HTC's stock video camera has a pretty impressive compression rate, so you have little chance of filling up the buffer before it writes the video. Use a market camera app that supports 720P and has a shaky compression rate and see how long it takes to crash the app. It took me about 23 seconds...

It also has to do with how full the SD card is. The more data on the SD card, the more likely your card will ONLY have small groupings of data blocks available for the app to write to, this takes longer and can cause the memory buffer to fill up faster, bringing you back to my first point...

Many people use a class 4 and are happy with it. HTC and 720P get along fine with a class 4. Just make sure you use the stock camera and keep an eye on how full your card is and you should be fine.

Just because it's never happened to willis doesn't mean it's never happened...

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure that the read / write speeds of your TB are going to be the limiting factor when comparing test speeds of various cards. I cannot imagine that the phone would really push a Class 10 card. It seems like over kill to have such a card in this phone. Unless you are transferring a lot back and fourth to your computer, I'm sure it makes sense for you to have it.

The only time I have really needed it was to shoot full 1280p @ 60fps on my Canon.

And on another note thank god the prices of those things are dropping hah.

wxruss

Jun 7, 2011
www.weatherlink.com
I am pretty sure that the read / write speeds of your TB are going to be the limiting factor when comparing test speeds of various cards. I cannot imagine that the phone would really push a Class 10 card. It seems like over kill to have such a card in this phone. Unless you are transferring a lot back and fourth to your computer, I'm sure it makes sense for you to have it.

The only time I have really needed it was to shoot full 1280p @ 60fps on my Canon.

And on another note thank god the prices of those things are dropping hah.

The main reason for getting the C10 is because I transfer photos/vids and backup my SD card every other day. The 16gb C10 sandisk was only $23 on ebay anyways

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc