Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default smdl2tmp1.asec is driving me crazy!

Searching all over the internet and seems like smdl2tmp1.asec is the file that is screwing up the installing/updating apps to the phone. I tried unmounting the sd card method and still having the issue. i tried deleting the smdl2tmp1.asec file but it just keeps coming back. After deleting it for few seconds it pops up again. I hope someone can help me with the issue !!!!!!!!

thanks in advance.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: smdl2tmp1.asec is driving me crazy!

First make sure you set all apps back to phone, from the manage apps location.
    Then unmount and pull the batt and card, put it into miniSD holder and pop it into your PC go to the root of the card and delete asec that is the android secure folder. Reinstall your card, batt and boot up. The initializing sequence will re-created the file uncorrupted go to the market and update. After that feel free to move apps2SD again.
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

The file will always come come back, the android OS makes the file. You can delete it and it should allow your apps to update/install. It often gets corrupted and a quick delete will fix the issue.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

I had the same issue and this method worked for me:

Quote Originally Posted by Treknologist View Post

1. Connect your phone to the computer and make sure you can see invisible files/folders.
    2. Go to the '.android_secure' folder.
    3. Delete the 'smdl2tmp1.asec' file.

This file often gets corrupted and does not allow installs or updates to run that need the SD card or for apps on the SD card. Once you delete it, the OS remakes the file and the problem should be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by DocFreud View Post
    I had the same issue and this method worked for me:

And he got that from me

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecaidrake View Post
    And he got that from me
    Well, then you deserve my thanks!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Sorry if i haven't replied back but i been busy all week =/. Anyways it seems that I have to do it every time i want to update or download a new app. Is that how its going to be until HTC/Verizon find a way to fix it ? I was wondering if there is a permanent fix to this issue.

But thanks for the help you guys actually made the instructions clearer.