Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LTE in Omaha

    Seems it's up and running now in the Omaha area. My downloads have been blazing fast on it. Going to test it out later while I'm out and see how the battery life on my Thunderbolt is.
  2. #2  

    Smile Re: LTE in Omaha

    Yep, started seeing it lastnight also in Omaha.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    If it is like mine, terrible lost about 10% in a half hour
  4. #4  

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    Where in town are you guys at? I'm currently around 90th and Dodge and don't see anything yet, and didn't around 120th and Center either.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    I've had it since last night. La Vista 84th & Harrison. Average speed has been 7-10 down & 4-5 up
  6. #6  
    Todd M's Avatar

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    Quote Originally Posted by dloseke View Post
    Where in town are you guys at? I'm currently around 90th and Dodge and don't see anything yet, and didn't around 120th and Center either.
    Got it at 120th and Dodge, and in CB where I live. Smoking fast, as well as smoking the battery...

    Do you have the LTEOff app, or anything only allowing CDMA? I had mine shut off, then when I turned it back on, there it was.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    Been on 4G in Omaha since 6 am today. Here is the kicker, my battery is still at 98% full after running all day on 4G. Surfed, read and sent emails and talked. Amazing.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfm1017 View Post
    Been on 4G in Omaha since 6 am today. Here is the kicker, my battery is still at 98% full after running all day on 4G. Surfed, read and sent emails and talked. Amazing.
    How in the heck did you pull that off?! I was in Tulsa the last 4 days and would have 30% or less left after 8 hours of light use.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    Quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy View Post
    How in the heck did you pull that off?! I was in Tulsa the last 4 days and would have 30% or less left after 8 hours of light use.
    I wish I knew. Just finished watching NetFlix. It ran for an hour. Battery is at 85%. I have no clue why or how this is happening but I am not going to complain. Battery is the extended 3200 Most I ever got out of it was a day or a little more with the same use.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    My battery was at roughly 75 percent after 5 hours of moderate use. I'm getting 4g in CB and Millard near 144th and Industrial.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd M View Post
    Got it at 120th and Dodge, and in CB where I live. Smoking fast, as well as smoking the battery...

    Do you have the LTEOff app, or anything only allowing CDMA? I had mine shut off, then when I turned it back on, there it was.
    I had turned LTE off, and later turned it back on. And in preperation for it, I double checked the hard way and it's showing it's in Auto mode. 120th and Dodge is up the street for me and where my new office will be in a week and a half, so I'll stop out there and test. I suspect it's my phone though.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    It's on for me at 120th and Miricle Hills(Dodge) and 50th and Center/Grover. Battery was awesome the first day but going down faster the second.I see it going back and fourth to 3G randemly but for the most part it's on 4G LTE.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    Day two of being on 4G with same usage as yesterday. I am now just recharging the battery now. down to 25%
  14. #14  

    Smile Re: LTE in Omaha

    Camping at Mahoney State Park, solid 4g all afternoon, 10 - 20 Mbps download.
  15. #15  
    Todd M's Avatar

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    Quote Originally Posted by dloseke View Post
    I had turned LTE off, and later turned it back on. And in preperation for it, I double checked the hard way and it's showing it's in Auto mode. 120th and Dodge is up the street for me and where my new office will be in a week and a half, so I'll stop out there and test. I suspect it's my phone though.
    You should be getting it everywhere, so it might be the phone. Do you have it rooted/ROM'd?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    Now that you all have 4g you will never wish to ho back to 3g. I've had it for month and would go crazy without it. Great news is good news. Congratulations you have a new drug.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    With 4g and mobile hotspot my xoom Wi-Fi is finally living up to its full potential not to mention the thunderbolt making me love it all over again
    HTC touch-BB pearl flip-BB tour-OG-DX-Fascinate-D2-Thunderbolt-Bionic-Rezound-Galaxy Nexus-Razr-Razr M-DNA-GS4- Note 3-?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: LTE in Omaha

    Alright...I took my phone into the store Saturday, they did a factory reset, and it was trying to get 4G, but no dice. Even flashed a couple times, and one time stuck but then had no data at all. So disabled 4G and "suffered" on 3G until I got replacement today. Swapped SIM's, and instant 4G. Gotta say, it threw me off not having to call in and activate the replacement, just swap SIM's.

    BTW, ran a speed test at my office on 87th and Dodge and got 13Mb down, about 500kb up using the speedtest.net app. What do you all use, and what kind of speeds should I be expecting?

    Thanks to everyone for the help and suggesting in getting me going...gotta see what this puppy can do now. Gotta try some skype video with having to be on wifi. Should be pretty awesome.

Posting Permissions

B