Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Default Another new GB leak

Just posting this here, credit goes to "Football" at XDA but it looks like they have a new leak out, this one is 2.10.605.1. Also has a new radio. Here is the link to XDA thread:
    [ROM]RUU_Mecha_GINGERBREAD_S_VERIZON_WWE_2.10.605.1_Rad io_0.01.78.0802w_3_NV_8K_1.41 - xda-developers

Also looks like a new radio. Keep in mind rooted users will loose root for good if you flash this (I think).

If anyone installs it let us know how it is.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
    Thanked by:
    nate44 
    nate44 likes this.
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Default Re: Another new GB leak

Looks like it might be better!? Now that I've got a Gingerbread build that's as smooth as pie though Idk if I want to risk messing that up.
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

I was probably the first guinea pig for the last leak its someone else's turn.

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

In my best Homer voice... Doh!

Right now, got the prev leak running very nicely.

Just like the previous RUU, I am going to extract the rom.zip from this RUU and flash via the hboot. It should bypass the bootloader overwrite. Then re-flash clockworkmod recovery and superuse package. I will post later how everything went.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Thanks. I'm really anxious about this, it has a new radio I think.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

sweet, I think, I will wait to see what others say about this leak...

ROM
    unrooted 2.11.605.19

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.worth View Post
    Looks like it might be better now that I've got a Gingerbread build that's as smooth as pie though Idk if I want to risk f---ing that up.
    +1
    LG EnV => BB Storm => BB Bold 9650 => HTC Thunderbolt
    all with extended batteries......
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

Heck if we are all waiting then no one is going to test it for us

Heck if we are all waiting then no one is going to test it for us
    I'll do it, but y'all have to wait 'til I leave the office in a few hours!
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

Okay let us know :-)
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

lol, we all just loaded yesterday or the day before...nobody wants to reset up all their shiz
    soccerfon711 and Ed Witles like this.

Talking Re: Another new GB leak

Quote Originally Posted by z71kris View Post
    lol, we all just loaded yesterday or the day before...nobody wants to reset up all their shiz

I have a Droid 3 on order to replace my T-Bolt, so I'm not worried. I can afford to screw it up, so I'll be the guinea pig this time!
    Thanked by 4:

What's the difference between this leak and the last? I'm just looking for a new UI lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I'll load it up when I get home too.

Hi guys. I am new to the fourm & am a first time Android user. I have the tb (3rd one) & would like to try the new th update. I am not rooted & don't know anything about rooting. Is this new update easy to do & if it don't work can I go back to froyo.
    Thanks

Global Posts
    2,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

has htc added in any sense 3.0 elements into this release. trying to decide if i should load this on my friends thunderbolt. but he is looking for some major ui changes. otherwise i might just root his phone and flash the bamf sense 3.0 rom
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    has htc added in any sense 3.0 elements into this release. trying to decide if i should load this on my friends thunderbolt. but he is looking for some major ui changes. otherwise i might just root his phone and flash the bamf sense 3.0 rom
    Compared to the previous Gingerbread leak, or to the last officially-released Froyo update?

The GB leak didn't seem to change Sense all that much in comparison to the last official Froyo update. The lock screen, for example, is completely unchanged.
    Themer

ROM
    dasBAMF

If I remember correctly, HTC said that they couldn't put Sense 3 on single-core phones. Gotta root if you want that shiz.
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Favorite ROMs - dasBAMF Forever, SkyRaider Zeus Preview, dasBAMF 1.8.6 Remix
    If I helped ya, click da button!

Quote Originally Posted by msk522 View Post
    Just like the previous RUU, I am going to extract the rom.zip from this RUU and flash via the hboot. It should bypass the bootloader overwrite. Then re-flash clockworkmod recovery and superuse package. I will post later how everything went.
    Just flashed via hboot. Since I have eng hboot, it bypassed the hboot overwrite. I then flashed the clockworkmod recovery and flashed the superuser package. I am confirming that I have ROOT. As for the differences or bugs from the previous leak, I'll keep you guys posted but so far so good.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf6768 View Post
    If I remember correctly, HTC said that they couldn't put Sense 3 on single-core phones. Gotta root if you want that shiz.
    I can't find the article, but HTC said they would put elements of sense 3.0 on the Thunderbolt because there are certain things it can handle (definitely the lockscreen). I hope that they own up to that.

Okay let us know :-)
    Downloading it now... what do I do with the .exe file once I've downloaded it? The previous leak downloaded as a ZIP file.

Quote Originally Posted by djrakowski View Post
    Downloading it now... what do I do with the .exe file once I've downloaded it? The previous leak downloaded as a ZIP file.
    The zip version is up now on XDA The .exe version includes a utility that runs on a PC to update the phone.
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...
    Thanked by:

Just rebooted and connected to WiFi... Google account is downloading my data in the background. There's nothing that's obviously different in comparison to the previous leak.

The vast majority of apps I had installed before the update aren't listed in the "My apps" section of the Market. I'll have to restore them with MyBackup Pro (the best app I've purchased since becoming an Android user).

It'll take some time to evaluate the quality of the radios. A commentor on the thread at xda-developers has the impression that his phone's 4G connection is less stable than it was before the update.
    Super Genius

Global Posts
    2,783 Global Posts
    ROM
    T Shed 1.6, 605.9 rdo

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    I recommend doing just that, but I think right now Gingeritis is better. The new Uber BAMF was not working so good for me.
    That's right...I'm the really hot one in my Avatar.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast