Phone saving duplicate pictures

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out why, when i take a picture using my Thunderbolt, it saves one version to sdcard/DCIM/100MEDIA, and another to sdcard/DCIM/Camera.

I've gone into the camera app to see if there is a setting that affects where to save pictures, but i had no luck finding anything. I'm not sure where else to look or what else to do. I'm running Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC 4.9, in case that helps. I've looked on the Team BAMF forums and found no posts addressing issues similar to what i'm experiencing, so i'm at a loss as to how to proceed from here. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Haven't checked on my T-Bolt, but I know the Droid 2 I had did that. It saved a version of the picture in landscape mode and portrait mode, not sure if the T-Bolt does that ad well.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
What happens if you delete one of those folders and then take a picture? Does it automatically create the folder again? You should only have one folder.. there's no need for two of them.

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
What program are you using to come to this conclusion?

-Frank

I noticed duplicates of my images in my Google+ app, as well as in my Gallery when i'd browse through it. Same when using Astro.

What happens if you delete one of those folders and then take a picture? Does it automatically create the folder again? You should only have one folder.. there's no need for two of them.

Of the two, which one should i delete?

*Edit* Nevermind...i flipped a coin and deleted the Camera folder, which seems like it might be a folder created by the Google+ app.

I took a sample shot using the phone's stock camera app itself, and things were fine. No duplicate picture file, and no Camera folder was created. When i used the Google+ app to take a second photo, i noticed that it recreated the Camera folder, and saved a copy of the picture in the recreated Camera folder, as well as the 100MEDIA folder.

Last edited:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay.. I think I know what's happening. In Google + there's an option to have your phone automatically load every picture you take onto the Google + cloud. It stores all the photos you take onto Google + so you can access them easier if you decide to share them. Your phone is creating an extra folder for it.

I'm not sure where the option is since I disabled mine in the popup window when I first signed up but I'm guessing if you go to the Google + settings.. there should be an option to disable this feature. That should definitely fix your duplicate photo problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez