If I install the new GB Leak?

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
No. You will just have to manually flash the next official OTA update. After that you should be good. As long as the ROM you are flashing has a higher build number that whats already on your phone (i.e. 2.07 vs 2.10) you will have no issues. Flashing on older ROMs requires root.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No. You will just have to manually flash the next official OTA update. After that you should be good. As long as the ROM you are flashing has a higher build number that whats already on your phone (i.e. 2.07 vs 2.10) you will have no issues. Flashing on older ROMs requires root.

How do u manually flash an ota?

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The same way you would with every other leak. It will be a complete RUU that you would install through Hboot.

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been running 210 for about a day, and after a factory data reset it is working flawlessly!!

not a big difference overall, but I do really like having front facing camera support finally.....

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
My question is, are these release numbers official? My concern would be if the final Verizon OTA came out and it was version 1.75.605.0 or something. You would have to root to install the OTA RUU because it would have a lower number than these do.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My question is, are these release numbers official? My concern would be if the final Verizon OTA came out and it was version 1.75.605.0 or something. You would have to root to install the OTA RUU because it would have a lower number than these do.

These numbers are official and you will be able to update to the official release when it's time.