Not all contacts are backing up?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that only half of my contacts are backed up with google and then the other half get back up with Verizon backup assistant. Is there a setting i'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that only half of my contacts are backed up with google and then the other half get back up with Verizon backup assistant. Is there a setting i'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
More than likely, the ones being synced with Google are "Google Contacts" and the ones being backed up with Backup Assistant are "Phone Contacts". Most folks don't use Backup Assistant.

Check People | Menu | View to see where your contacts are saved.

-Frank

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, like frank said, if you manually entered any contacts on your phone and didnt change them to google contacts, they default to phone contacts which don't back-up to google.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup. That's what was going on after a couple of imports and exports and about 100 or so linked contacts later I finally got ride of all the phone contacts and got them to be all Google contacts. Now my question is. Is there a way to always or set a default for all contacts to be saved as Google or do I manually have to select it each time? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Also when I get a phone call or text now I dose not show the name just the number? :-(

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yup. That's what was going on after a couple of imports and exports and about 100 or so linked contacts later I finally got ride of all the phone contacts and got them to be all Google contacts. Now my question is. Is there a way to always or set a default for all contacts to be saved as Google or do I manually have to select it each time? Thanks

Manually each time. Sucks.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
OK yeah that does suck. O well. And I got the numbers to to show names now, just a simple rest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692