Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,531 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,543 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Not all contacts are backing up?

    Why is it that only half of my contacts are backed up with google and then the other half get back up with Verizon backup assistant. Is there a setting i'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. #2  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default Re: Not all contacts are backing up?

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    Why is it that only half of my contacts are backed up with google and then the other half get back up with Verizon backup assistant. Is there a setting i'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    More than likely, the ones being synced with Google are "Google Contacts" and the ones being backed up with Backup Assistant are "Phone Contacts". Most folks don't use Backup Assistant.

    Check People | Menu | View to see where your contacts are saved.

    -Frank
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Not all contacts are backing up?

    Yeah, like frank said, if you manually entered any contacts on your phone and didnt change them to google contacts, they default to phone contacts which don't back-up to google.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,531 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,543 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Yup. That's what was going on after a couple of imports and exports and about 100 or so linked contacts later I finally got ride of all the phone contacts and got them to be all Google contacts. Now my question is. Is there a way to always or set a default for all contacts to be saved as Google or do I manually have to select it each time? Thanks

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,531 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,543 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Also when I get a phone call or text now I dose not show the name just the number? :-(

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    Yup. That's what was going on after a couple of imports and exports and about 100 or so linked contacts later I finally got ride of all the phone contacts and got them to be all Google contacts. Now my question is. Is there a way to always or set a default for all contacts to be saved as Google or do I manually have to select it each time? Thanks

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Manually each time. Sucks.

    -Frank

    Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,531 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,543 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    OK yeah that does suck. O well. And I got the numbers to to show names now, just a simple rest.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    OK yeah that does suck. O well. And I got the numbers to to show names now, just a simple rest.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    I think if you go to Menu View and only check the Google option then the default location is for Google.
    FrankXS likes this.
  9. #9  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default Re: Not all contacts are backing up?

    Quote Originally Posted by ncapp11 View Post
    I think if you go to Menu View and only check the Google option then the default location is for Google.
    Yes! Thank you! This has been bugging me since March 17th! You're right!

    -Frank
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,531 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,543 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Nice find. Thanks

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Not all contacts are backing up?

    Okay..is there possibly another name for this setting in Samsung Galaxy SII?

Posting Permissions