A couple of questions

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a stock Bolt. Question 1 Is there an app to make the 7 home screens different? I have one of my dogs on the screen now, but the other dog feels left out. LOL. This is of course without rooting
Question 2 If I were to buy another Bolt and root it would I be able to use both phones simply by switching the sim card. I know of a guy at work that didn't like his Bolt because of the sending texts to the wrong person issue and other issues. He is looking to sell his on Ebay and if I can get his and root it and just switch the cards back and forth it would be very nice. Thanks in advance and in the past for everything I've learned on this forum.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
You can't make the wallpaper different on each screen that I know of. I think your best option there is to download a different launcher that will allow the wallpaper to move when you switch homescreens. Once that's loaded up just make a wallpaper with the different dogs on it side by set so as you slide you'll get to see the other dogs.

You should be okay with popping out sim cards and the phone should be able to work, I'm not 100% I haven't needed to do that. I just rooted my phone and continued my day to day usage :)

Reactions: rcmarks314

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks dd0yl3 I'll be loading that. I still wonder if the switching the sim and sd cards will allow another phone to be used.

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks dd0yl3 I'll be loading that. I still wonder if the switching the sim and sd cards will allow another phone to be used.

Yes just switch the simcard between phones and the new phone should activate on it's own. It takes like 2 mins for it to activate completely

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: rcmarks314

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks OG! I would think that I might have to move all apps to the SD card. Then they could transfer to the other phone when I switched cards, I might not need to if I root the second phone. I might get other programs and then switch both to rooted. Still on the fence about rooting but if I had another Bolt I wouldn't think twice about it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes just switch the simcard between phones and the new phone should activate on it's own. It takes like 2 mins for it to activate completely

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

That's good to know! I'll keep my eye open for a used tbolt to root. That will be a lot of fun!