Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Visual Voicemail widget

So after updating to the 2.11 GB leak, I now have the missing voicemail notification problem like everyone else. If I open the Verizon Voicemail widget, it tells me that I have a voicemail and it will dial the standard *86 to access Verizon voicemail. That's not ideal, but better than nothing I guess.

I have my voicemail password programmed into the voicemail contact, but when I use the widget, it only dials the *86 without the password. I can't find an option to add the password in the settings, and I can't figure out where it is drawing the *86 from. Why wouldn't it use the programmed entry in the phone?

Does anyone know where this setting might be?
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Settings > Call > Voicemail Settings > Voicemail Number

Enter in *86(pause)(pause)(your password)#
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Verizon Visual Voicemail widget

Thank you for your reply. I have the voicemail number programmed with my password as you described, but the widget only causes *86 to be dialed and not the pre-programmed number with password.

I was wondering if the widget had some setting that could be modified to include the password, but I can't find one.
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...