Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Visual Voicemail widget

So after updating to the 2.11 GB leak, I now have the missing voicemail notification problem like everyone else. If I open the Verizon Voicemail widget, it tells me that I have a voicemail and it will dial the standard *86 to access Verizon voicemail. That's not ideal, but better than nothing I guess.

I have my voicemail password programmed into the voicemail contact, but when I use the widget, it only dials the *86 without the password. I can't find an option to add the password in the settings, and I can't figure out where it is drawing the *86 from. Why wouldn't it use the programmed entry in the phone?

Does anyone know where this setting might be?

Settings > Call > Voicemail Settings > Voicemail Number

Enter in *86(pause)(pause)(your password)#
    Maddog241 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Verizon Visual Voicemail widget

Thank you for your reply. I have the voicemail number programmed with my password as you described, but the widget only causes *86 to be dialed and not the pre-programmed number with password.

I was wondering if the widget had some setting that could be modified to include the password, but I can't find one.