Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Volume Changes After Charging

Does anyone know why after charging my phone the volume is always muted and set to vibrate? I'm sure that there is a setting to change this, but I can't figure out how to do that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Default Re: Volume Changes After Charging

Quote Originally Posted by toothdoc4 View Post
    Does anyone know why after charging my phone the volume is always muted and set to vibrate? I'm sure that there is a setting to change this, but I can't figure out how to do that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Don't think it's a setting. I suspect you're holding the down volume key putting it in vibrate or silent mode while you attach or remove the charging cable.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Mine does something like that too.

But only because I added a profile app that turns the volume down at night when on charge.

If you didn't add such an app, then it almost Frank pointed out.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the advice. I will make sure that I don't touch the volume button when I plug in the phone to charge.

Or just hit the power button to lock the screen (and buttons) or wait for the screen to timeout, turn off and lock. Then plug in.

Global Posts
    1,090 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Don't think it's a setting. I suspect you're holding the down volume key putting it in vibrate or silent mode while you attach or remove the charging cable.

-Frank
    I hit the volume buttons all the time. I never know what volume setting I am really on anymore.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

The past few days I've noticed that my volume randomly resets itself back to about 20% and it really annoys me because I miss calls because I can't hear my phone! I don't know if it happens after I charge it, I haven't paid attention to when it happens, but it seems like it's random. I don't think I'm accidentally hitting the volume button because it always goes down to the same volume. Is this happening only to me?

Happening to me too. I aso find my phone sometimes displays the volume box on the screen at 0 volume and it vibrates until I turn up the volume. If I just leave it the box never goes away nor does the vibration stop. I suspect the vzw soft cover used with extended battery may be the culprit. I would prefer a cutout to what's there.

Quote Originally Posted by frankg16 View Post
    The past few days I've noticed that my volume randomly resets itself back to about 20% and it really annoys me because I miss calls because I can't hear my phone! I don't know if it happens after I charge it, I haven't paid attention to when it happens, but it seems like it's random. I don't think I'm accidentally hitting the volume button because it always goes down to the same volume. Is this happening only to me?

Happened to me as well. Started about a week ago.

It never even occured to me it was happening to others besides me.

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.7

Quote Originally Posted by worwig View Post
    Mine does something like that too.

But only because I added a profile app that turns the volume down at night when on charge.

If you didn't add such an app, then it almost Frank pointed out.
    What app is that?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Xxw0lfxX View Post
    What app is that?

Toggle profile.
    Turns my volume down at work. Turns it down at night. Turns it up and turns on bluetooth on the motorcycle (car for normal people). Turns it down for meetings.
    Handy.

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.7

Toggle profile.
    Turns my volume down at work. Turns it down at night. Turns it up and turns on bluetooth on the motorcycle (car for normal people). Turns it down for meetings.
    Handy.
    Thanks, I will defiantly check it out!

*Edit: Do you have a direct link to it? Can't seem to find it in the market.

Toggle profile.
    Handy.
    How does the app know you're on your motorcycle?

[serious thread drift....]

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    How does the app know you're on your motorcycle?
    I have a rule that says 'If between 8am and 8pm, and if not connected to WiFi and it has external power, I must be on the motorcycle'.
    I have another rule that says 'if on the motorcycle and pwoer is applied, start the GPS software'.
    As I ride away from home or work, my bluetooth helmet connects, the volume goes to max, and the GPS software appears on the screen.
    (I have it clipped to the handlebar and plugged into a charger)

At night when I plug in the charger, the volume drops down and email notification is turned off.

You can set up rules based on power/battery, cell towers, WiFi, time of day, GPS coordinates, calendar events, and a lot more.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result