I checked my wireless settings and mobile network is checked yet it says mobile connection failed. I seem to have a very good connection. It varies between 5 and 11 mbps at the moment whereas it is usually only 5. Why does my phone say mobile network connection failed under wireless settings when I obviously have a decent connection?

Anybody know the best app or widget to measure data signal strength? I have signal strength widget but it says Verizon 3G when I am connected to 4G so when it says -78 dbm but also says 3G next to it I don't know if the reading is for 4g or 3g.

I tried a couple of other apps but that one with the radar screen and supposed tower locations is too complicated. I can't figure out where it tells me LTE dbm.
    08-27-2011 06:09 PM
    To my knowledge there is no app available to measure signal strength of 4G data.

As for "connection failed", I've noticed it doesn't go away even when it re-acquires the data signal. Probably a bug.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    recDNA likes this.
    08-27-2011 09:46 PM
    To my knowledge there is no app available to measure signal strength of 4G data.

As for "connection failed", I've noticed it doesn't go away even when it re-acquires the data signal. Probably a bug.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    A bug in an HTC phone? Not possible! LOL
    08-27-2011 10:18 PM
    -78 isn't too bad of a number.. whether its for 3G or 4G is another story but that depends on your location.
    08-27-2011 10:18 PM
    Well the problem is I am definitely connect to 4G but the app is measuring 3G.
    08-27-2011 10:24 PM
    have a turbo tablet from idolean and get that connection failure all the time. whats up with that????
    02-06-2013 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD