1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mobile Connection Failed?

I checked my wireless settings and mobile network is checked yet it says mobile connection failed. I seem to have a very good connection. It varies between 5 and 11 mbps at the moment whereas it is usually only 5. Why does my phone say mobile network connection failed under wireless settings when I obviously have a decent connection?

Anybody know the best app or widget to measure data signal strength? I have signal strength widget but it says Verizon 3G when I am connected to 4G so when it says -78 dbm but also says 3G next to it I don't know if the reading is for 4g or 3g.

I tried a couple of other apps but that one with the radar screen and supposed tower locations is too complicated. I can't figure out where it tells me LTE dbm.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

To my knowledge there is no app available to measure signal strength of 4G data.

As for "connection failed", I've noticed it doesn't go away even when it re-acquires the data signal. Probably a bug.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FrankXS; 08-27-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    Thanked by:
    recDNA 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    To my knowledge there is no app available to measure signal strength of 4G data.

As for "connection failed", I've noticed it doesn't go away even when it re-acquires the data signal. Probably a bug.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    A bug in an HTC phone? Not possible! LOL
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

-78 isn't too bad of a number.. whether its for 3G or 4G is another story but that depends on your location.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well the problem is I am definitely connect to 4G but the app is measuring 3G.

Default Re: Mobile Connection Failed?

have a turbo tablet from idolean and get that connection failure all the time. whats up with that????