BetterKeyboard?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only 1 that can't find better keyboard on the market? Its my favorite keyboard and I've already paid for it. But can't find it under my apps or a market search. All I come up with are skins.

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I noticed it was missing from my apps too, but it didn't bother me as I haven't used it since I got in on the swype beta back when I got my og droid just over a year ago.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Its no longer on the market. Its on the amazon one but the Developer had some run in with google over another app and decided to pull it off and put it up on Amazon. The skins etc still work for it,but you will have to buy it again if you did before.

Reactions: sicario666

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I must be missing something about the trick to using the T9 option because I have to select the word from a list when typing because the keyboard doesn't find the correct word on its own. Is there a trick to get the keyboard to be more accurate.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Its no longer on the market. Its on the amazon one but the Developer had some run in with google over another app and decided to pull it off and put it up on Amazon. The skins etc still work for it,but you will have to buy it again if you did before.

Wow...that's ultra weak. I want my $ back. Uhhh yeah right.

mavd

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the SwypeBeta. Its not on the market but you can download it from the browser. I find that I can type way faster and more accurately in portrait mode than I can with a classic keyboard. It isn't quite as natural to use in landscape, but I just don't find myself rotating the phone as much.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I really like the smartkeyboard pro had it on my Incredible and am using it on my Thunderbolt
and the betterkeyboard skins work on it as well :p

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I really like the smartkeyboard pro had it on my Incredible and am using it on my Thunderbolt
and the betterkeyboard skins work on it as well :p

Smart keyboard pro is great. I used to use it all the time. I was fond of the compact qwerty keyboard. The different skins are nice too.

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I was using thumb keyboard 4 until tofau. I just had enough of the mis-recognition of letters typed. Too bad i spent money on it. I will try smart keyboard pro and see how that works out

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Google apparently pulled all their apps, even though only one "upset" them...it wasn't a choice they made I believe.

I really liked better keyboard, but I'm to used to the gingerbread trace keyboard to go back now.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]I was actually able to find it in the market. [/NOTE]

-Search the market for "Better Keyboard 8"
-In the search results you will see "Better Keyboard Pro" second on the list for download.

I stumbled upon this yesturday when looking for this keyboard. Its nice but I still prefer Smart Keyboard Pro.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Google apparently pulled all their apps, even though only one "upset" them...it wasn't a choice they made I believe.

I really liked better keyboard, but I'm to used to the gingerbread trace keyboard to go back now.

-In the search results you will see "Better Keyboard Pro" second on the list for download.

I stumbled upon this yesturday when looking for this keyboard. Its nice but I still prefer Smart Keyboard Pro.

Hmmm...wonder if they got that sorted out then...?

Here is the developer's blog post I originally found a few weeks ago when looking for the app myself:
3 days, 20K+ downloads later, Google banned our account again. ? Better Android Apps

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
FlexT9 FTW...best one I've ever used.

+1. I tried Swype beta, but had issues. Some devices work great like DX. Others like Nook Color and TB not so much. Flex T9 does trace and tap that I want. Better keyboard layout than default keyboard. Way better than iPod Touch.... At least we change ours. I haven't messed with Flex T9's voice or writing pad options. So I can't speak to those, but it' always nice to have options. That's what I love about Android.... Lots of options. Keep changing things until you find what you like.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

searched and found it. i dont feel like paying for another keyboard when i spent the $ on the 1st one. Im just gonna stick with the gingerbread keyboard. :'(

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
+1. I tried Swype beta, but had issues. Some devices work great like DX. Others like Nook Color and TB not so much. Flex T9 does trace and tap that I want. Better keyboard layout than default keyboard. Way better than iPod Touch.... At least we change ours. I haven't messed with Flex T9's voice or writing pad options. So I can't speak to those, but it' always nice to have options. That's what I love about Android.... Lots of options. Keep changing things until you find what you like.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Never used the writing pad but the voice option has worked really good for me so far.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had suggested earlier the smart keyboard pro but if you are still wanting the better keyboard,
try emailing the dev. Go to Amazon market and get his email address. Maybe he will give it to you at no charge since you had paid for it once. That would be the right thing to do, but we don't know what he will do.
Worth a shot.......explain to him what happened...........good luck !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1