Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Default BetterKeyboard?

Am I the only 1 that can't find better keyboard on the market? Its my favorite keyboard and I've already paid for it. But can't find it under my apps or a market search. All I come up with are skins.
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

Default Re: BetterKeyboard?

I noticed it was missing from my apps too, but it didn't bother me as I haven't used it since I got in on the swype beta back when I got my og droid just over a year ago.
    HTC touch-BB pearl flip-BB tour-OG-DX-Fascinate-D2-Thunderbolt-Bionic-Rezound-Galaxy Nexus-Razr-Razr M-DNA-GS4- Note 3-?
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm 2.3

Its no longer on the market. Its on the amazon one but the Developer had some run in with google over another app and decided to pull it off and put it up on Amazon. The skins etc still work for it,but you will have to buy it again if you did before.
    Thanked by:

I use smart keyboard pro and love it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    boyer61 and onthewhole like this.

I must be missing something about the trick to using the T9 option because I have to select the word from a list when typing because the keyboard doesn't find the correct word on its own. Is there a trick to get the keyboard to be more accurate.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    Its no longer on the market. Its on the amazon one but the Developer had some run in with google over another app and decided to pull it off and put it up on Amazon. The skins etc still work for it,but you will have to buy it again if you did before.
    Wow...that's ultra weak. I want my $ back. Uhhh yeah right.
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue

I use the SwypeBeta. Its not on the market but you can download it from the browser. I find that I can type way faster and more accurately in portrait mode than I can with a classic keyboard. It isn't quite as natural to use in landscape, but I just don't find myself rotating the phone as much.

I really like the smartkeyboard pro had it on my Incredible and am using it on my Thunderbolt
    and the betterkeyboard skins work on it as well
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I really like the smartkeyboard pro had it on my Incredible and am using it on my Thunderbolt
    and the betterkeyboard skins work on it as well
    Smart keyboard pro is great. I used to use it all the time. I was fond of the compact qwerty keyboard. The different skins are nice too.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

I was using thumb keyboard 4 until tofau. I just had enough of the mis-recognition of letters typed. Too bad i spent money on it. I will try smart keyboard pro and see how that works out

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    Google apparently pulled all their apps, even though only one "upset" them...it wasn't a choice they made I believe.

I really liked better keyboard, but I'm to used to the gingerbread trace keyboard to go back now.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

[NOTE]I was actually able to find it in the market. [/NOTE]

-Search the market for "Better Keyboard 8"
    -In the search results you will see "Better Keyboard Pro" second on the list for download.

I stumbled upon this yesturday when looking for this keyboard. Its nice but I still prefer Smart Keyboard Pro.
    Thanked by:

FlexT9 FTW...best one I've ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    Google apparently pulled all their apps, even though only one "upset" them...it wasn't a choice they made I believe.

I really liked better keyboard, but I'm to used to the gingerbread trace keyboard to go back now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post

-In the search results you will see "Better Keyboard Pro" second on the list for download.

I stumbled upon this yesturday when looking for this keyboard. Its nice but I still prefer Smart Keyboard Pro.
    Hmmm...wonder if they got that sorted out then...?

Here is the developer's blog post I originally found a few weeks ago when looking for the app myself:

ROM
    unrooted 2.11.605.19

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    FlexT9 FTW...best one I've ever used.
    +1. I tried Swype beta, but had issues. Some devices work great like DX. Others like Nook Color and TB not so much. Flex T9 does trace and tap that I want. Better keyboard layout than default keyboard. Way better than iPod Touch.... At least we change ours. I haven't messed with Flex T9's voice or writing pad options. So I can't speak to those, but it' always nice to have options. That's what I love about Android.... Lots of options. Keep changing things until you find what you like.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    LG EnV => BB Storm => BB Bold 9650 => HTC Thunderbolt
    all with extended batteries......
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    Hmmm...wonder if they got that sorted out then...?

Here is the developer's blog post I originally found a few weeks ago when looking for the app myself:
    I don't know... its weird. If you type Better, Better Keyboard, Better Keyboard Pro... nothing comes up in the results except skins. Add the "8" and it appears..
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post

searched and found it. i dont feel like paying for another keyboard when i spent the $ on the 1st one. Im just gonna stick with the gingerbread keyboard.
    Snitches get stitches

Quote Originally Posted by BattleSwine View Post
    +1. I tried Swype beta, but had issues. Some devices work great like DX. Others like Nook Color and TB not so much. Flex T9 does trace and tap that I want. Better keyboard layout than default keyboard. Way better than iPod Touch.... At least we change ours. I haven't messed with Flex T9's voice or writing pad options. So I can't speak to those, but it' always nice to have options. That's what I love about Android.... Lots of options. Keep changing things until you find what you like.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Never used the writing pad but the voice option has worked really good for me so far.

I had suggested earlier the smart keyboard pro but if you are still wanting the better keyboard,
    try emailing the dev. Go to Amazon market and get his email address. Maybe he will give it to you at no charge since you had paid for it once. That would be the right thing to do, but we don't know what he will do.
    Worth a shot.......explain to him what happened...........good luck !
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Now that's an excellent idea. I'll have to try it out. Worse that can happen is I get a no...right?
    Snitches get stitches

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I downloaded the gingerbread keyboard for free from the market, its actually listed as "keyboard from android 2.3". Great keyboard, you should give it a try.

How is this "smart keyboard pro" or "thumb keyboard 4" different or better than "bigger button keyboard" which I went to "deluxe" after trying the standard one. I mentioned that my fingers were too big while at Verizon store and technician told me about this. If there is anything better on market? I'm trying to find anything that makes texting easier to do.
    This is my first time on this site. Any directives are welcome. I like the phone but it seems to take forever to get it customized to calm me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I had suggested earlier the smart keyboard pro but if you are still wanting the better keyboard,
    try emailing the dev. Go to Amazon market and get his email address. Maybe he will give it to you at no charge since you had paid for it once. That would be the right thing to do, but we don't know what he will do.
    Worth a shot.......explain to him what happened...........good luck !
    I use smart keyboard pro and I would kill to have a vertically larger space key. I have it set for really large keys...in fact I only see one line of text while I type...but I hit the "b" key 10% of the time when trying to hit the space bar. I'd also rather have the % sign as a long press option than the * or #.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

I've been using the gingerbread keyboard and I've been happy with it. I do miss all of the betterkeyboard shortcuts though
    Snitches get stitches

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

I guess I am in the minority here, I tried SWYPE and I DID NOT LIKE it at all. I guess my thumbs are big and I couldn't see the letters I was typing. I have it still installed, and I might give it a try when I get bored, but for now, I will stick to the stock one. I actually use the "speaking" text more than anything and I also use HEYTELL to send voice messages instead of texting....only problem the other person has to have it installed on there end and it has to be a Android smartphone and/or an iPhone and some of my friends are using the Blackberry's
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast