1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone got wet, touchscreen not working

I'm looking for help with my Thunderbolt's touchscreen. I was riding around on my bike in the rain with it in my pocket and it got a little wet. The phone powers on and seems to be working fine, it just will not respond to any touch input. Is there anything I can do for this? It is rooted running CM7, so I don't know if they will look at it or not at Verizon if it's rooted.

Thanks for any help

Default Re: Phone got wet, touchscreen not working

put it in a bowl of rice to try and dry up all the water

Default Re: Phone got wet, touchscreen not working

I'm actually surprised we have not seen one of these stories again before now... and surprised how often people turn their device on just to see if it works before they take all the steps of pulling the battery out Immediately, then put both into a bag of dry rice for at least 24 to 48 hours... and finally then put the battery back in just to see if it works. You should never see if it works first if you think it's gotten water damage... you should first take out the battery and put it in dry rice... that would increase your odds of getting your phone to work... no guarantee, but it could increase your odds.

Good luck.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by pcarrollg View Post
    I'm looking for help with my Thunderbolt's touchscreen. I was riding around on my bike in the rain with it in my pocket and it got a little wet. The phone powers on and seems to be working fine, it just will not respond to any touch input. Is there anything I can do for this? It is rooted running CM7, so I don't know if they will look at it or not at Verizon if it's rooted.

Thanks for any help
    Same exact biking story lol mine had to sit for like 30 hours in the least humid environment you can find the rice trick might work but I didn't try it. Just don't use a blow dryer they can melt components... Also if you don't have any luck order a cheap 1$ eBay battery and see if it isn't the battery. Best of luck!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk