Tired of waiting for OTA.. Should I RUU 2.11.605.0

dtorion

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
There hasn't been much posted about the bugs on 2.11 and wanted to know opinions on if it is that much better then the last OTA to upgrade. First time poster and looking for experienced advice.

DC

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
2.11 works fine with me. Battery seems a bit better. Very fast. Back to fast lte download speeds over what I was getting with 2.10. No data connection problems that I have noticed. All in all a pretty stable build. A few browsing hiccups though in the browser but nothing that is debilitating.

Dirtman16

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 2.10, but it's definitely worth it. I was hesitant as I had never rooted or even done a manual RUU update.

My battery is definitely better (probably 25-30 percent) and the OS is just snappier than it was on Froyo. I wouldn't hesitate.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Does it have sense 3.0? I saw something on youtube that a thunderbolt was running sense 3.0 could that be true? Like the 3D effect.

UndergroundWire

May 17, 2010
Visit site
All in all, I'm happy with it. The only issues I have with it is there are sound issues. Especially with the lock sound. I didn't notice any battery improvements but there are definite speed improvements.

katnapper

Banned
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Does it have sense 3.0? I saw something on youtube that a thunderbolt was running sense 3.0 could that be true? Like the 3D effect.

The sense 3.0 on YouTube was probably Gingeritis 3D by chingy51o. The newest update is based off the latest RUU. Very good custom ROM. Excellent battery life even with the cool 3D effects. If you aren't rooted for whatever reason, the RUU is still totally worth it.

azrocketeer

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I am having issues with the sound. It always reverts to the last person that calls ringtone. VERY ANNOYING. and GPS takes 2 to 3 minutes to lock on.

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I might be in the minority, but I didn't care for the sense 3.0 that's in a few of the custom roms out there.
as for the update, it runs smoother and doesn't feel as bloated compared to froyo. i would also recommend updating the radio if you haven't already. i can't comment on the speed of the radio, but it is a lot more stable: transitions perfectly from 3g to 4g ( and vise versa) and it holds onto the 4g signal a lot better than it did with the stock radio.
overall, the update is terrific.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
For me too much of a pita to never be able to download ota again. I'll wait for the official ota. I don't care for any form of sense. Uses too much of processor just to make ui more pretty. I'll root if anyone ever develops a pure android rom that is stable and 100% functional.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
I've been running the 2.11.605.0 (and its radio) since it leaked. I find it every bit as stable as the official Verizon 1.70.605.0 (OTA MR2).

I haven't found any new bugs or issues that didn't exist in 1.70.605.0, and definitely haven't encountered anything that would make me roll back to stock yet.

NOTE: If you rely on VZW's standard voice mail option, the leaked GB roms (and apparently those built off of them) do not alert you on new voice mails waiting. If you subscribe to Verizon's Visual Voice Mail(which I do), or use something like Google Voice for your voice mail, this bug wont impact you.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Heres one, I have been running the leaked 2.07 since the second day it leaked with NO issues, and reason I try the 2.11? Or should I hold out and wait for something newer...

raresuperman

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
there was 2 bugs that i noticed...the voicemail counter will not reset once you listen to your voice mail nor will it give you notification that you have voicemail.....also when going from 3g to 4g if you are using navigation the screen goes blank and you have reset your device...outside of that he it is awesome

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I'll pass. MR2 does not have any of those problems. I get my voice mail and the counter resets. GPS works great and I use it alot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital