I am very excited !

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got the email from Verizon that my Thunderbolt has been shipped. I will have it on Tuesday. They allowed me to upgrade early. The customer care rep also included a leather case to make-up for no discount on the phone. They aren't doing the new every two discount anymore. I would had gotten it for the last time had I waited till March but due to certain circumstances, they allowed me to upgrade now.
Also waiving the 20.00 early upgrade fee. I am lucky to have had such a nice customer care rep.
But also, being polite when talking to Verizon helps. I have enjoyed HTC and am looking forward to this amazing device.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So when my two year contract is up I wont get a discount on phones with Verizon like I did with ATT? Ill have to pay 5-600 for new phones? Guess Im a bit confused

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So when my two year contract is up I wont get a discount on phones with Verizon like I did with ATT? Ill have to pay 5-600 for new phones? Guess Im a bit confused

You'll still get the promotional discounted pricing for upgrading your phone and accepting a new 2-year contract. You just won't get a "new every 2" discount. Because they don't have it anymore.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
No more rebates on the phone just discounted pricing like mentioned. Sorry that I wasn't clear on that, just thought people knew what I meant. :-[

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
No more rebates on the phone just discounted pricing like mentioned. Sorry that I wasn't clear on that, just thought people knew what I meant. :-[

Devices prices priced under $150 can have mail-in rebates still.

The New Every Two program was so bloody convoluted it was ridiculous. Some primary lines got $50, some got $30. Some secondary line got $30, some got none. The discount to the primary lines was clearly explained that it was based on how expensive the price plan for the primary line was, however there was no such explanation for the secondary line. The exception of if you had an unlimited talk family plan, as the secondary line was $49.99. That made the secondary line eligible for the full New Every Two discounting.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a used Thunderbolt on Friday that was less than a month old. I bought it used so I wouldn't have to use my upgrade, although after having it for a few days it would have been worth it. I love this phone. Of course I didn't suffer through all the pains described prior to MR2 but where I live only got 4G LTE a month ago. I was one of those waiting forever for the Bionic but now I can wait it out and see all the lineup of phones coming in the next few months. And the best thing is that if I'm not impressed I have my Thunderbolt!

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy your new phone. I'm still trying to decide if I want to pick one up myself.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Just got the email from Verizon that my Thunderbolt has been shipped. I will have it on Tuesday. They allowed me to upgrade early. The customer care rep also included a leather case to make-up for no discount on the phone. They aren't doing the new every two discount anymore. I would had gotten it for the last time had I waited till March but due to certain circumstances, they allowed me to upgrade now.
Also waiving the 20.00 early upgrade fee. I am lucky to have had such a nice customer care rep.
But also, being polite when talking to Verizon helps. I have enjoyed HTC and am looking forward to this amazing device.

Welcome ,you will love your new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2