Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Maddog241
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I just came to a realization......

Ive been a life long BlackBerry user, but I got my ThunderBolt about 2 months ago and I hated it in the beginning, because it just seemed so BIG! However now I have come to a realization that I don't think I will ever be able to go away from 4.3 inch screen phone.
    I came to this realization after using a friends iPhone today. The 4.3 inch is just so much more piratical. Apart from poket-ability, almost everything else better on it. Browsing, videos, games, almost everything. Yes, people will complain about the battery life but if you put the right ROM on it, it will easily last you the whole day. And that's all I want.

Now I'm not saying that I'm in love with the ThunderBolt, ill drop it the day VIGOR launches but I don't think I will be satisfied with phone with less real estate.

Your thoughts?

I agree. I decided against a 4.3 cause att doesn't have any dual core phones with both. Even with just a 4 inch to iphone screen, it is a huge difference. I could never go back.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX with Tapatalk

Default Re: I just came to a realization......

The size of the phone was never an issue with me.. just as long as it lives up to it's fame was all that mattered to me and sure enough it has met every need and want that i have plus more.... I'd never get another phone even if i was to do it all over again.... go... ThunderBolt!....

I could see how some mind the feel in the pocket, but I don't even notice it. In fact, since my phone is naked, I notice that my phone slides around a bit. It doesn't happen much anymore as I have it in a pocket pouch with an extended battery so it's thicker, but not too thick. I actually like the feel of the Thunderbolt with the extended battery. It took a bit to get used to, but now when I hold a phone with a standard battery, I'm like "wheres the beef?". Haha, but really, nice phone indeed. I tried using an iPhone months after getting my Thunderbolt and was wondering where the screen went.

It's not the size that matters....It's how you use it !
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...
    mclarryjr and Slapnpop826 like this.

I agree completely. I could never scale down my screen size. I am used to it from having the X and now the TB.

I have used my sister's DPro and it is just a terrible experience.

The overall size of these phones is not an issue for me. Fits just fine in my pocket!

Love it!
    You got to risk it for the biscuit

Razr > EnV > EnV Touch > LG Dare > Droid X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy III > HTC Droid DNA

I don't think I could ever have a smaller size either
    *PHILLIES* *FLYERS* *EAGLES*
    "The Island brought us here"...got LOST

ROM
    N/A

Well, if 4.3" is so great, would you all jump at the chance for a 5.3" screen?

My opinion: No. 5+" is just too much.

But where do you all draw the line?
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

I was looking for a big screen and would have gotten a galaxy tab if it could make calls and was unlimited. Thunderbolt came along just as I was going for the Droid x. The simultaneously using voice and data is what sealed the deal. I use bluetooth always and the "big" phone was never an issue.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post

I think anything beyond 4.5 inches will be too big. Yeah... I will probably set the bar at 4.5 inches for myself. Anything bigger, then you might as well get a 7 inch tab .....

Quote Originally Posted by TauntingBull View Post
    I think anything beyond 4.5 inches will be too big. Yeah... I will probably set the bar at 4.5 inches for myself. Anything bigger, then you might as well get a 7 inch tab .....
    so many inuendos could be thrown in here.......

I think 5 inches would be the perfect size if it had 1280x720 resolution. I'm a big guy though.

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts

I used a Samsung Fascinate (which I grew to hate BTW) for a few months before getting the Thunderbolt. Yes, it was thin and light, but it just felt so fragile. I dropped it twice because it was just so tiny. The TB is about the right size for my hands. It feels sturdy and I haven't dropped it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
    so many inuendos could be thrown in here.......
    This is going right down into the gutter !
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog241 View Post
    This is going right down into the gutter !

It's a slippery slope.
    You got to risk it for the biscuit

Razr > EnV > EnV Touch > LG Dare > Droid X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy III > HTC Droid DNA

I think the 4.3 is perfect and don't want a larger screen for a phone. I had BB for a number of years and then the Incredible. Now I have the TB and is is awesome
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I think 5.3 is the sweet spot

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

my only real complaint is that i can't see the screen outdoors. while it doesn't pose a problem with my every day life, it made taking pictures on my vacation difficult. even though they came out great, i was blindly shooting.

I have to laugh. Prior to using a smartphone which has been a few years, the smaller the phone for me the better due to purse, etc. And years ago they were as big as home phones LOL now I prefer the 4.3 but anything larger may as well get a tablet. The Thunderbolt is awesome !!
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post

That is just too big for my taste. I really like the size of the TB and I came from the Incredible.
    The phone manufacturers need to concentrate on perfecting the issues and not make bigger.
    And an OEM battery that will handle the high powered phones without the added bulk. That is my commplaint.......
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    That is just too big for my taste. I really like the size of the TB and I came from the Incredible.
    The phone manufacturers need to concentrate on perfecting the issues and not make bigger.
    And an OEM battery that will handle the high powered phones without the added bulk. That is my commplaint.......
    Thats what I say as well. The battery tech has not kept up the pace in my opinion. They lag behind at least 3 years

Sent from my DROID BIONIC