Update against my will - now issues

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So Big RED finally got me to download the latest TBolt update on last Friday - completely by surprise as I have been rejecting the OTA update since day 1 - why? Well my TBolt was perfect prior to the update so why mess a good thing up? Anyway I now have two issues

(1) HTC Sync will no longer recognize my storage card - which kills my previous easy sync. I think its somehow related to the VZ bloatware which leads me to #2.

(2) Why didn't anyone mention that the stock music player would have the annoying VZ Music tab at the bottom - as a result of this I've completely ditched the stock music player.

Any ideas on #1 would be greatly appreciated!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So Big RED finally got me to download the latest TBolt update on last Friday - completely by surprise as I have been rejecting the OTA update since day 1 - why? Well my TBolt was perfect prior to the update so why mess a good thing up? Anyway I now have two issues

(1) HTC Sync will no longer recognize my storage card - which kills my previous easy sync. I think its somehow related to the VZ bloatware which leads me to #2.

(2) Why didn't anyone mention that the stock music player would have the annoying VZ Music tab at the bottom - as a result of this I've completely ditched the stock music player.

You might try updating both HTC Sync and VCast to the latest versions.

HTC Sync here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...w-version-htc-sync-available.html#post1176587

VCast, just open the app and select Help|Check for updates.

-Frank

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by completely by surprise. You said you had been declining the update for some time now. There are multiple threads discussing how he tb was automatically updating without user input.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech