straight to speaker phone

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Mine does it everytime I pick up a call or make a call.

It could be an update to an app that recently came out too, not necessarily a brand new app, which make it more difficult to pin point it.

And I tried to clear data for phone and dialer and first call I made flipped to speaker.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I now realize it is happening whether I make or receive a call. Grrrr....is this happning to stock froyo and GB leak OS? I'm on 2.11 GB leak.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, just to weigh in... it ain't happening to mine. Stock Froyo MR2. I did use the speakerphone today (laying the phone on its face - love that feature!), no issues before or after.

-Frank

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ive dumped cache and data and Ive turned the phone off then yanked the battery for a while and mine still does it. Weirdest damn thing and up until a day or so ago ive never had an issue

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
hasn't happened to me, ever. running 2.11.605.0 since last thursday and i've taken more than my share of calls over the last 4 days. i'll admit that this one does sound weird.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm I update GoSMS recently too. There was a couple of others that got updated but cant remember what those two were

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Although I just made a couple of test calls to myself after uninstalling GOSMS and it didnt turn on the speaker phone. Im going to let the phone sit idle for a few min and do a couple of more. Maybe that was what was causing it.

Well just let it sit for a few and did about 3 more test calls and didnt do it again. Maybe that was it?

Last edited:

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Although I just made a couple of test calls to myself after uninstalling GOSMS and it didnt turn on the speaker phone. Im going to let the phone sit idle for a few min and do a couple of more. Maybe that was what was causing it.

Well just let it sit for a few and did about 3 more test calls and didnt do it again. Maybe that was it?

I think you might be on to something. I use that and it was just updated very recently. I will be testing that theory when I get done working in about an hour.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
95% sure it is Go SMS, if people can confirm they have this on their phone that would help make it 100% a lot of reviews that have recently gone up on the market for Go SMS are complaining about it.

I also was talking to my friend who has a Droid 2 and he is having the exact same problem. The only app we have in common that makes sense is GO SMS because it needs access to the phone.

anyone confirm?

Antiseen

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I spoke too soon. Happened again. Can't uninstall recent updates so back to stock messaging app I go until next week's update.