Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By FrankXS
  • 1 Post By Mortiel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    None

Default Ginger Bread No Push This Week?

Wasn't G/B supposed to be pushed to the handsets this week?

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    Wasn't G/B supposed to be pushed to the handsets this week?
    I don't think so.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Default Re: Ginger Bread No Push This Week?

Oh man... is it September 30th already?

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Last word was 3rd quarter (July - Sept), that is if you believe what some Verizon/HTC reps say.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Oh man... is it September 30th already?

-Frank
    Oh I see Sept.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

I wouldn't hold my breath

Global Posts
    971 Global Posts

I think that we wont get GB until some time after the Bionic is out. I think MotoGoog and their **** buddy VZ will push the Bionic as the only LTE phone w/ GB. Then they will allow the Thunderbolt et al to get GB.

That makes sense, but nothing Verizon does makes sense

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come until the end of september. i've been running 2.11.605.0 since it leaked and it sure does feel polished. just an overall smoothness that tells me htc is getting close to a release build.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by makinthemagic View Post
    I think that we wont get GB until some time after the Bionic is out. I think MotoGoog and their **** buddy VZ will push the Bionic as the only LTE phone w/ GB. Then they will allow the Thunderbolt et al to get GB.
    I think you are over-thinking this. There is a dev team assigned to GB for the TB and you can bet they want it out (over!) as soon as you do. VZW is not going to hold it up for "marketing reasons".

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    Thanked by:
    byrds8 likes this.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.3

As polished as the recent GB leaks have been I'll be surprised if they don't push it by mid-September. I was planning to wait for the OTA and not root, I just got tired of the bloat and knew it would still be in the official OTA. The SHIFTS3NS3 rom is smooth as buttah, no OTA for me.

Sent from my SHIFTS3NS3 Thunderbolt
    Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    - Benjamin Franklin
    VCL

Pretty sad that a great phone advertised and pushed to sell to customers with GB, Skype and many other perks came with none of the above. Then you see other phones Verizon is selling of lesser quality with GB. Come on Verizon you are killing customers who stick by you. Say what you want, this is just a load of crap. There is just NO reason the Thunderbolt should not be running Gingerbread, NONE. Total BULL****.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by VCL View Post
    Pretty sad that a great phone advertised and pushed to sell to customers with GB, Skype and many other perks came with none of the above. Then you see other phones Verizon is selling of lesser quality with GB. Come on Verizon you are killing customers who stick by you. Say what you want, this is just a load of crap. There is just NO reason the Thunderbolt should not be running Gingerbread, NONE. Total BULL****.
    It's all Verizon man

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by VCL View Post
    I apologize, but we will not be repeating the MR1 update, or the Droid X's Gingerbread update. We are not going to allow it out until it is at least 95% bug-free. Why do you think there have been so many leaks? Yeah, those are the ones either HTC or us trashed due to bugs.

I mean, you are really just putting Verizon and HTC in a lose-lose situation: Either we rush the update and you hate us because of the bugs, or you hate us because it takes too long because we want to get it right for once.
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant
    CMRobinson likes this.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

The community doesn't hate you. We'd much prefer a stable, bug free release that just works. The leaks serve those in the community that can't wait and offer a nice platform for custom ROMs. I'm happily running 2.11.605.0 and will continue to do so until the official release.
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by fdisker View Post
    The community doesn't hate you. We'd much prefer a stable, bug free release that just works. The leaks serve those in the community that can't wait and offer a nice platform for custom ROMs. I'm happily running 2.11.605.0 and will continue to do so until the official release.
    this only I am running 2.07...

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    I apologize, but we will not be repeating the MR1 update, or the Droid X's Gingerbread update. We are not going to allow it out until it is at least 95% bug-free. Why do you think there have been so many leaks? Yeah, those are the ones either HTC or us trashed due to bugs.

I mean, you are really just putting Verizon and HTC in a lose-lose situation: Either we rush the update and you hate us because of the bugs, or you hate us because it takes too long because we want to get it right for once.
    Don't apologize for anything! I applaud you for being thorough and making sure that the update is perfect when it is pushed. Take as long as you need. I for one am happy to wait. Thank you for working hard on the update and thank you for every bit of guidance and advice you and the other vzw guys give us here at AC. Keep up the good work!
    Send from my fingers, using a pencil and a piece of paper that someone faxed to someone who scanned it and then typed it on this forum using a TRS-80 Model 3.

ROM
    Stock

I'm more than happy to wait if it means there's no bugs.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Highwaystar131 View Post
    I'm more than happy to wait if it means there's no bugs.
    Me too, although my patients are thin, I would really like to have a stable gingerbread

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by fdisker View Post
    Oh by no means do I think the community hates me, or Verizon overall. I know there are many things the community heartily disagrees with that Verizon does, and there have been many... shall we call them ill-conceived comments I have made since I have been here, but I know neither justify hate.

I was just expressing HTC and Verizon's overall sentiment. We want it to be perfect, but I know better than that. No software is 100% bug-free. We just want to thin out as many bugs as we can so we do not repeat MR1.

Be assured, however, that we carefully laid out the network protocols to avoid all rebooting issues. lol
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant