Finally, Thunderbolt owners will get GB! HTC says September!

bigberries

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
How do you solve "a lot of it's problems" when it doesn't have a lot of problems to begin with? Or are two or three minor issues considered "a lot?"

There are many - but - in particular - will the audio in video recording be fixed? I went to an annual event this past weekend and recorded some terrific video with muffled audio. ALL completely useless. Memories I'll never get back now.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
There are many - but - in particular - will the audio in video recording be fixed? I went to an annual event this past weekend and recorded some terrific video with muffled audio. ALL completely useless. Memories I'll never get back now.

Works fine on my thunderbolt with gb.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I actually told this to a customer in a store once while I was having a meeting with a store manager, so this made laugh.

I don't think people are looking for Gingerbread to solve any problems. In fact, I have never even heard that said once. The Thunderbolt at this point is fairly stable. What people are looking for with Gingerbread is maybe some added functionality and maybe a slight increase in battery life, but mostly we are all tech junkies, so having the newest thing is an addiction. How many times have you heard someone wanting ICS on the Thunderbolt on this forum? Its not because of the functionality as much as it is just getting whats new and shiny.

Nah it really does fix some things. Overall smoothness etc too.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I say we'll get it sometime before the 30th.

Haha yea.

Again, not every phone is messed up, my stock Froyo recorded videos quite fine, and still works with GB.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting for the GB update also to have a great shiny new OS, after the update this summer which fixed the rebooting issue, I have found no big issues at all.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think people are looking for Gingerbread to solve any problems. In fact, I have never even heard that said once...

I've said a number of times that the radio/switching still needs improvement. Even after MR2. And, GB will update the radio. Even if it only updates the 3G radio (from what I've heard) that can still help the overall switching and loss of data connection.

-Frank

jeffjeter

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
This phone just never lived up to it's hype. And please I know some of you take it personal when somebody criticizes your phone but I am a Thunderbolt owner too. It's just a device! To the point of the topic I don't care for GB at this time I'm just looking to jump ship.

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site
This phone just never lived up to it's hype. And please I know some of you take it personal when somebody criticizes your phone but I am a Thunderbolt owner too. It's just a device! To the point of the topic I don't care for GB at this time I'm just looking to jump ship.

I don't take it personal, I've just never had an issue. I get solid battery life, signal has always been good, and never a random reboot. It's done/does every thing I expected it to when I purchased it. I know some people take it personal when you don't jump on board and criticize the phone.

Reactions: HPBolt

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Maybe you should take the right tool for the job next time - smartphones are akin to swiss army knives, they do a lot of things marginally adequate.

smthomas66

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I got a bit interested in battery technology when I got my first smartphone a while back and read that a group of geniuses at MIT patented a way to charge a lithium ion battery in seconds by developing a way for the ions to quickly return to the cell. Now I may not be saying that right because I'm no genius but the point is a few years from now the technology will advance to a point where you go from 20% life to 100% in a few seconds making it a non-issue. This could not only change how we can use our hand held devices but also automobiles could take a huge leap forward if we can go from filling up with gasoline to charging our battery at rest stops.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I got a bit interested in battery technology when I got my first smartphone a while back and read that a group of geniuses at MIT patented a way to charge a lithium ion battery in seconds by developing a way for the ions to quickly return to the cell. Now I may not be saying that right because I'm no genius but the point is a few years from now the technology will advance to a point where you go from 20% life to 100% in a few seconds making it a non-issue. This could not only change how we can use our hand held devices but also automobiles could take a huge leap forward if we can go from filling up with gasoline to charging our battery at rest stops.
Okay then. That's it. I'm waiting to use my upgrade on one of these new magic-battery phones. :D

-Frank

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My opinion on this is concentrate on what we do have and not on what we don't. It will happen when it is released and all the complaining in the world isn't going to make it happen any sooner. They are not going to neglect this awesome device. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams