Dead spot on my touchscreen

Spaky223

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have a spot on my screen that will not work when I touch it. Makes it hard to type, and look at a PDF file. Anyone ever experience this?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I had something similar very briefly back in June after flashing a leaked MR2 RUU. When in landscape mode, the "A" key was very difficult to activate. It was more though in that the entire screen would periodically act like a ghost was touching it. It did this randomly for about a week, then went away and has never happened again. I figured it had something to do with the leaked RUU or that something had to settle in after flashing it. You could try recalibrating the touchscreen by going to Menu, Settings, Language & keyboard, Touch Input, Text Input, under Finger touch precision, choose Calibration tool or even Reset calibration. If it still happens, you may have a bad screen. Or you could try something as simple as a battery pull.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that I had screen issues with some roms that used the density tweaks but the stock settings worked fine,

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
might consider returning to stock if that doesn't work then perhaps the screen is defective. Call Verizon and get a replacement device

veryshinything

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I may have a solution to this problem, it just worked for me. I have a thunderbolt which hadn't been dropped or abused but somehow parts of the screen stopped registering. I couldn't type well or use it for much and was offered a referb again but declined because i've had more than one issue with this phone. Anyways, after being told that I could get my date moved I got a new phone but wanted to see if i could fix this one. I watched this youtube video HTC Thunderbolt Screen Replacement Take Apart Guide - YouTube and got the idea that it might just need the 3 ribbon cables between the screen and motherboard reseated. I took it apart to right before the complex part that you need to unglue anything and put it back together. Problem solved.

I find this unfortunate that they don't keep techs in the store to perform this kind of easy fix...

Still getting something else (htc rezound) but now i have an extra or can sell this for some of the price difference in the upgrade.

bang tan

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
problem solves

I've use lighter electric to solve the problem
If you have a lighter that use electric to fire it up,you only need to take the letric thing's
And use that to dead spot area and now you can touches all screen area.

CaribFrank

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
Re: problem solves

I've use lighter electric to solve the problem
If you have a lighter that use electric to fire it up,you only need to take the letric thing's
And use that to dead spot area and now you can touches all screen area.

IT WORKS!!! Gave it a fair chance to try your solution, and clicked the igniter a few times over the areas that did not work anymore on my virtual keyboard and WHOA, back working :)

thx