Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default mirror my phone screen onto my tv?

    Ok, with the NFL season about to start, and the availability of live Thursday night games on the Verizon NFL app, I'm beginning to wonder if I can watch the games on my television.

    I've done some searching and from what I've gathered it looks like I you can stream pictures and videos onto your television using DLNA, game console, etc. But that's only for personal files and some select video streaming sites. Am I correct on this point? or misinformed? Please confirm.

    If we are in fact limited to personal files, is there a work around or accessory I can purchase to allow me to watch the live stream football games (in the NFL app) on my TV? Essentially I'm asking if there's a tv out I can use to mirror my phone screen on the television. I do have a WiFi connection and PS3 at home. Thanks
  2. #2  
    project.in.process's Avatar

    Posts
    1,223 Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

    Default Re: mirror my phone screen onto my tv?

    Quote Originally Posted by treasurefingerz View Post
    Ok, with the NFL season about to start, and the availability of live Thursday night games on the Verizon NFL app, I'm beginning to wonder if I can watch the games on my television.

    I've done some searching and from what I've gathered it looks like I you can stream pictures and videos onto your television using DLNA, game console, etc. But that's only for personal files and some select video streaming sites. Am I correct on this point? or misinformed? Please confirm.

    If we are in fact limited to personal files, is there a work around or accessory I can purchase to allow me to watch the live stream football games (in the NFL app) on my TV? Essentially I'm asking if there's a tv out I can use to mirror my phone screen on the television. I do have a WiFi connection and PS3 at home. Thanks
    But that's only for personal files and some select video streaming sites. Am I correct on this point? or misinformed? Please confirm.Yes, you're correct. even those mHL (?) adapters people are advertising (including the one thread in this forum) don't work with the Thunderbolt. it does work with phones like the Evo or Sensation & some others, but not the Thunderbolt

    sadly, the only thing that the PS3/wifi will enable you to do is share your content via DLNA (iMediaShare, TwonkyMediaServer) but no streaming content. it must be content that's been saved onto the memory.

    and no, there's no app you can purchase to enable live-streaming (via DLNA or desktop dock) with the Thunderbolt. other phones have this functionality (Bionic--for one, via HDMI, rumored) but i've yet to find any ROM for a rooted Thunderbolt that supports this full-mirror function, or any mirroring for that matter.

    however, if you have a tablet, chances are it supports full mirroring to a tv via HDMI. for instance, my Thrive will run any content on the tablet display through the full HDMI to the connected tv--even if it's an app from the marketplace. i never tested it with NFL Mobile, but at least you know there's a mirror-capable device at the moment.
    Last edited by project.in.process; 09-01-2011 at 04:05 PM.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: mirror my phone screen onto my tv?

    I have been told, but haven't found one. That there is a Micro USB like our port, with an HDMI end on it that will work. any heard of that.?
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck15851 View Post
    I have been told, but haven't found one. That there is a Micro USB like our port, with an HDMI end on it that will work. any heard of that.?
    You're thinking of MHL perhaps. The tb doesn't support it.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: mirror my phone screen onto my tv?

    I would be interested to get something like this as well.

    I wonder if there is a mini usb to hdmi converter available?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: mirror my phone screen onto my tv?

    would one of these work?



    or



    any thoughts?
  7. #7  

    Default

    Didn't I just say it's not MHL compatible?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: mirror my phone screen onto my tv?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow02 View Post
    Didn't I just say it's not MHL compatible?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mirror my phone screen onto my tv?-babn46l.jpg  
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  9. #9  

    Default Re: mirror my phone screen onto my tv?

    Dam that sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow02 View Post
    Didn't I just say it's not MHL compatible?
    Quote Originally Posted by funguy123us View Post
    would one of these work?



    or



    any thoughts?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: mirror my phone screen onto my tv?

    LinkSprite has a little device called 4TV that can mirror Android to HDMI/TV through the WiFi.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: mirror my phone screen onto my tv?

    Quote Originally Posted by cutedigi View Post
    LinkSprite has a little device called 4TV that can mirror Android to HDMI/TV through the WiFi.
    If you are talking about this, it looks very promising..

    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

Posting Permissions

B