Gingerbread Camera Fix *rooted or not rooted*

evilkefz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
here is a fix without having to do all that other stuff

someone else found this on rootwiki

FIX:Camera & Google Talk

This fixed both my Camera and Google Talk that stopped working in Sense ROMS om 08-31-11.

FIX:
1. Go to Settings and select Date & Time.
2. Un check Automatic
3. Change the time to 08-01-11
4. Go and open your camera (it should work now)
5. Now you can go back and check Automatic in the Time & Date Setting

FIX:Camera & Google Talk

Give Credit to Mzimand

evilkefz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
well its a good work around for those who arent rooted, plus how many times are you going to reboot your phone? so for those who dont want to root their phone this is a good work around until the final Gingerbread is pushed out..

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I was thinking about rooting again and reloading 2.11 but this will suffice for now

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dcobb1967

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
well its a good work around for those who arent rooted, plus how many times are you going to reboot your phone? so for those who dont want to root their phone this is a good work around until the final Gingerbread is pushed out..

Fixed! Thanks for the work around! I still have the problem of people not being able to hear me when I use the phone but that might have something to do with me throwing it on my carpeted floor as hard as I could last night after having nothing but problems over the past 5 weeks. Hopefully the official GB update will fix that, but I'm not counting on it to.

dcobb1967

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad it seems to be working for everyone else, but it's not working for me, unfortunately.

After following the steps and hitting your camera button, I noticed that the first time I did it, it didn't come on but by merely pressing it a SECOND time AFTER it goes back to the home screen (don't redo the steps), it worked for me.

Reactions: djrakowski

evilkefz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Why is this happening

apparently there is a line in the library code that got changed upon a recent update, so if you are on the gingerbread for thunderbolt it messes with your camera.... im guessing this will be fixed on the OFFICIAL version of GB when it pushes out.... but this is a good work around for those who don't want to root their phones and risk voiding their warranty....

if you are rooted there is a perm fix...but hey GB is coming out sometime this month so long as you aren't rebooting your phone daily, you should be ok, long as you don't mind a lil 3-5 minute work around..

marieke

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Fixed! Thanks for the work around! I still have the problem of people not being able to hear me when I use the phone but that might have something to do with me throwing it on my carpeted floor as hard as I could last night after having nothing but problems over the past 5 weeks. Hopefully the official GB update will fix that, but I'm not counting on it to.

I had that problem, too. Do you use Bluetooth? Because I noticed it was happening intermittently and the one thing that changed was I had connected it to my car w Bluetooth. I think I made a call on Bluetooth then turned the car off and it worked. After that, deleted the Bluetooth connections and don't use it. Hope that helps if not switching to speaker works.

dcobb1967

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I had that problem, too. Do you use Bluetooth? Because I noticed it was happening intermittently and the one thing that changed was I had connected it to my car w Bluetooth. I think I made a call on Bluetooth then turned the car off and it worked. After that, deleted the Bluetooth connections and don't use it. Hope that helps if not switching to speaker works.

Thanks for the tip but I've never used Bluetooth. That box remains unchecked in my settings. Haven't thought about switching to speaker phone yet but I have all my calls now forwarding to my old phone so I'm just going to wait it out until the HTC Rigor comes out in October/November (speculation).

wxruss

Jun 7, 2011
www.weatherlink.com
I'm not rooted, but hopefully the official official GB release this month will fix this problem. For now though, I'm so glad to have my camera back. I hardly ever reboot. I have the extended battery, so I just keep that in and plug it in when I get below 25% juice.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am usually prettygood at troubleshooting but I don't think I would have ever thought of that as a solution for the camera....

To bad I didn't read post before I updated to 2.11.605.0 leak build, looks like I will be using Revolution to root and flash back to my Uber BAMF... Not clear about the reverting process but I got a project later...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance