Verizon to allow early upgrades for upcoming new phones?...

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Apologies if this is not the appropriate forum to post this:

I was half asleep when I heard this on the news this morning. Good thing I have a DVR and rrw and I heard right. Verizon is looking to allow early upgrades for the upcoming iPhone5 and other soon to be released phones in the next coming months. Now, question is, will the unlimited data be transferred as well? I guess we will see.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just wish there was some deal that would let me keep my unlimited data and dump my thunderbolt for a bionic....

Last edited:

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I just wish there was some deal that would let me keep my unlimited data and dump my thunderbug for a bionic....

Verizon will gladly let you buy a Bionic. I really love how you are praising a phone that isn't even out yet and a phone that was supposed to be launched 5 months ago and still isnt out.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just read 7 pages of info from a guy who has one. I assume it will be available in a matter of days. Based on my experience with htc and motorola I would prefer a bionic. I bet most stock tbolt users would.

I obviously cannot afford to pay list for another phone after spending $200+ for my tbolt. 2 years b4 I'm able to switch phones.

Last edited:

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just read 7 pages of info from a guy who has one. I assume it will be available in a matter of days. Based on my experience with htc and motorola I would prefer a bionic. I bet most stock tbolt users would.

I obviously cannot afford to pay list for another phone after spending $200+ for my tbug. 2 years b4 I'm free.

Over the past several smartphones I have owned, I can most assuredly say I have the least confidence in Motorola's brand quality. Well, at least until Google starts digging in with their ideas.

I'll be honest: The OG Droid was a marvel of its generation with its top-of-the-line hardware that made it a lasting seller. The Droid X was probably one of the best Android phones ever made... until recently. The software choices Motorola has made since the OG Droid have really gone downhill. I'll pass on the Bionic and all the hype surrounding a phone that will be overshadowed shortly after its launch.

You know, had the Bionic launched in the spring, it would have been considered a superphone. Releasing it now with the advent of the Vigor, GSII, Prime, and quad-core device on the horizon, the Bionic just looks muted. The Bionic has to make up in advertising and hype what it lacks against current superphones.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

I obviously cannot afford to pay list for another phone after spending $200+ for my tbug. 2 years b4 I'm free.

Well you could read a lot more than 7 pages from people who love their Thunderbolts and you hate yours......so obviously reading means nothing.

angel35

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
new phones

Over the past several smartphones I have owned, I can most assuredly say I have the least confidence in Motorola's brand quality. Well, at least until Google starts digging in with their ideas.

I'll be honest: The OG Droid was a marvel of its generation with its top-of-the-line hardware that made it a lasting seller. The Droid X was probably one of the best Android phones ever made... until recently. The software choices Motorola has made since the OG Droid have really gone downhill. I'll pass on the Bionic and all the hype surrounding a phone that will be overshadowed shortly after its launch.

You know, had the Bionic launched in the spring, it would have been considered a superphone. Releasing it now with the advent of the Vigor, GSII, Prime, and quad-core device on the horizon, the Bionic just looks muted. The Bionic has to make up in advertising and hype what it lacks against current superphones.

What good are Quad-core phones. Duel core just got here:confused:And are great:cool:

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Call customer service.... your probably gonna have to call more then once. Complain an cry, tell them how much you hate the phone and maybe then you'll get a choice to switch to the bionic. Then you can head over to the Bionic forum and bit#c# and cry over there about how much your Bionic sucks in 2 months when another phone comes out.

Sick0

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I know from personal experience they will do it over the phone if you are within about 2 weeks due.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I'm not looking to aggravate anybody. The op suggested a possible no penalty offer to switch. It turns out it doesn't apply to smart phone users. I was disappointed and I said so. I don't "hate" the tbolt. I don't think I've used that word. I just ran into fewer problems with my moto d1. I guess what I really hate is being stuck in 2 year plans but that is dictated by finances.

Thanks to all the help I've gotten here I'm able to take care of most of the bugs as they arise. The last thing I want to do is alienate helpful users.

There is no question that if I switched to bionic or gs2 or nexus prime I might well find bugs that drive me crazy on those devices as well.

Just like some folks love to try every new rom that comes out I would love to be able to try every new possibly more advanced phone that comes out.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will give you a mere 130.00 on there trade in program. Or u can sell it on ebay and prob get 250.00 - 300.00 depending on its condition and accessories you sell with it. Then you just need to come up with the difference.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
But it's the difference to full list price right?

Unless VZW offers some special deal i'll be tbolt until contract expires. No extra money right now..... Or ever! LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08