Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon to allow early upgrades for upcoming new phones?...

Apologies if this is not the appropriate forum to post this:

I was half asleep when I heard this on the news this morning. Good thing I have a DVR and rrw and I heard right. Verizon is looking to allow early upgrades for the upcoming iPhone5 and other soon to be released phones in the next coming months. Now, question is, will the unlimited data be transferred as well? I guess we will see.

ROM
    Xenon HD JellyBean

Default Re: Verizon to allow early upgrades for upcoming new phones?...

Its only for people who dont have smart phones now, so anyone with a smart phone wont get the promotion
    Thanked by 4:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jd07bos View Post
    Its only for people who dont have smart phones now, so anyone with a smart phone wont get the promotion
    Ah, then that makes more sense. They left that important part out in their news report....which doesn't surprise me. Thanks!

ROM
    Stock/Franco

and if you dont have a smart phone..guess what! Tiered Data plan for you!
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7

ROM
    Xenon HD JellyBean

yes, I have unlimited 4G. Hopefully forever lol

Quote Originally Posted by Edwill86 View Post
    and if you dont have a smart phone..guess what! Tiered Data plan for you!
    True, and may I add a big OUCH!

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

this isn't about upgrades this is about getting tiered data users. Verizon isn't that nice to us without a reason!!!

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5

Quote Originally Posted by judpma View Post
    this isn't about upgrades this is about getting tiered data users. Verizon isn't that nice to us without a reason!!!
    I love Verizon's Service & All but Nice they're not hah
    Om Nom Nom Nom

I just wish there was some deal that would let me keep my unlimited data and dump my thunderbolt for a bionic....
    Last edited by recDNA; 09-03-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I just wish there was some deal that would let me keep my unlimited data and dump my thunderbug for a bionic....
    Verizon will gladly let you buy a Bionic. I really love how you are praising a phone that isn't even out yet and a phone that was supposed to be launched 5 months ago and still isnt out.

I just read 7 pages of info from a guy who has one. I assume it will be available in a matter of days. Based on my experience with htc and motorola I would prefer a bionic. I bet most stock tbolt users would.

I obviously cannot afford to pay list for another phone after spending $200+ for my tbolt. 2 years b4 I'm able to switch phones.
    Last edited by recDNA; 09-03-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    ROM
    N/A

I just read 7 pages of info from a guy who has one. I assume it will be available in a matter of days. Based on my experience with htc and motorola I would prefer a bionic. I bet most stock tbolt users would.

I obviously cannot afford to pay list for another phone after spending $200+ for my tbug. 2 years b4 I'm free.
    Over the past several smartphones I have owned, I can most assuredly say I have the least confidence in Motorola's brand quality. Well, at least until Google starts digging in with their ideas.

I'll be honest: The OG Droid was a marvel of its generation with its top-of-the-line hardware that made it a lasting seller. The Droid X was probably one of the best Android phones ever made... until recently. The software choices Motorola has made since the OG Droid have really gone downhill. I'll pass on the Bionic and all the hype surrounding a phone that will be overshadowed shortly after its launch.

You know, had the Bionic launched in the spring, it would have been considered a superphone. Releasing it now with the advent of the Vigor, GSII, Prime, and quad-core device on the horizon, the Bionic just looks muted. The Bionic has to make up in advertising and hype what it lacks against current superphones.
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant
    bjboucher likes this.

I obviously cannot afford to pay list for another phone after spending $200+ for my tbug. 2 years b4 I'm free.
    Well you could read a lot more than 7 pages from people who love their Thunderbolts and you hate yours......so obviously reading means nothing.

Question new phones

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    Over the past several smartphones I have owned, I can most assuredly say I have the least confidence in Motorola's brand quality. Well, at least until Google starts digging in with their ideas.

I'll be honest: The OG Droid was a marvel of its generation with its top-of-the-line hardware that made it a lasting seller. The Droid X was probably one of the best Android phones ever made... until recently. The software choices Motorola has made since the OG Droid have really gone downhill. I'll pass on the Bionic and all the hype surrounding a phone that will be overshadowed shortly after its launch.

You know, had the Bionic launched in the spring, it would have been considered a superphone. Releasing it now with the advent of the Vigor, GSII, Prime, and quad-core device on the horizon, the Bionic just looks muted. The Bionic has to make up in advertising and hype what it lacks against current superphones.
    What good are Quad-core phones. Duel core just got hereAnd are great

Global Posts
    1,292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Call customer service.... your probably gonna have to call more then once. Complain an cry, tell them how much you hate the phone and maybe then you'll get a choice to switch to the bionic. Then you can head over to the Bionic forum and bit#c# and cry over there about how much your Bionic sucks in 2 months when another phone comes out.

I know from personal experience they will do it over the phone if you are within about 2 weeks due.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Hey, I'm not looking to aggravate anybody. The op suggested a possible no penalty offer to switch. It turns out it doesn't apply to smart phone users. I was disappointed and I said so. I don't "hate" the tbolt. I don't think I've used that word. I just ran into fewer problems with my moto d1. I guess what I really hate is being stuck in 2 year plans but that is dictated by finances.

Thanks to all the help I've gotten here I'm able to take care of most of the bugs as they arise. The last thing I want to do is alienate helpful users.

There is no question that if I switched to bionic or gs2 or nexus prime I might well find bugs that drive me crazy on those devices as well.

Just like some folks love to try every new rom that comes out I would love to be able to try every new possibly more advanced phone that comes out.

Global Posts
    1,292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Verizon will give you a mere 130.00 on there trade in program. Or u can sell it on ebay and prob get 250.00 - 300.00 depending on its condition and accessories you sell with it. Then you just need to come up with the difference.

But it's the difference to full list price right?

Unless VZW offers some special deal i'll be tbolt until contract expires. No extra money right now..... Or ever! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
    Well you could read a lot more than 7 pages from people who love their Thunderbolts.
    I don't deny that for a second.

Global Posts
    1,292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

yeah the difference is gonna be on the full retail price of prob $599.00 to 699.00 not quite sure what their "no contract" price is going to be.

I'm not sure what the OP meant by "early upgrades"? My wife wasn't due for an upgrade on her BB Bold until next March but she got an e-mail from Verizon offering an early upgrade. We both have unlimited data on our shared plan. We hit the store today to check out a Droid3 because she insists on having a physical keyboard. She liked it, we bought it and got it for $199 and still have the grandfathered data plan. We had to pay a $20 fee for the early upgrade and she's getting $100 back on the Bold trade-in.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by cadzilla74 View Post
    I'm not sure what the OP meant by "early upgrades"? My wife wasn't due for an upgrade on her BB Bold until next March but she got an e-mail from Verizon offering an early upgrade. We both have unlimited data on our shared plan. We hit the store today to check out a Droid3 because she insists on having a physical keyboard. She liked it, we bought it and got it for $199 and still have the grandfathered data plan. We had to pay a $20 fee for the early upgrade and she's getting $100 back on the Bold trade-in.
    Well, for the customers that signed or renewed a contract before January of this year were part of the New Every Two program. The program gave a additional discount to the 2 year pricing of a phone at 20 months into a 2 year contract, which started at $100, but then got cut back to $50/$30 (depending on your price plan. The additional benefit of the New Every Two was that any lines on this program on a price plan at $49.99 or higher got an annual upgrade at 12 months, with a $20 early upgrade fee.

If you have started a new line or renewed a contract after January of this year, then you are not in this program.
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by jd07bos View Post
    yes, I have unlimited 4G. Hopefully forever lol
    Only if your current Verizon phone works forever.
    Sent from my iMac using my fingers and bluetooth keyboard.

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_is_Mike_is View Post
    Only if your current Verizon phone works forever.
    I had an xperia play with unlimited data and yesterday I got the thunderbolt and the woman helping me kept my unlimited data when switching
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast